Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Do they have any potato pierogis?
When I was last in eastern europe, I remember them warning me that I was spending a lot and was I sure I wanted to as I gobbled down pierogies and then a lamb leg, along with the house's best brandy. When they sent me a bill the equivalent of 8$ I chortled and gave them an 8$ tip. Some eastern European was a god for a day.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
When I was last in eastern europe, I remember them warning me that I was spending a lot and was I sure I wanted to as I gobbled down pierogies and then a lamb leg, along with the house's best brandy. When they sent me a bill the equivalent of 8$ I chortled and gave them an 8$ tip. Some eastern European was a god for a day.

Wow, you went to Eastern Europe in 1957?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hesitate to post this since I don't want people to read too much into it, but I did something I never do. I am now short SPY at the open. Not a huge trade, 10 contracts so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hesitate to post this since I don't want people to read too much into it, but I did something I never do. I am now short SPY at the open. Not a huge trade, 10 contracts so far.
Didn't you say you thought it'd get to 4200-4300 before the pullback though?

I will say I've enjoyed it going up over the last few weeks as we've been traveling. I'm unemployed but been making more just going to national parks than I would have working. Kind of makes for a hard mental barrier to go back to work ever again.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't you say you thought it'd get to 4200-4300 before the pullback though?

I will say I've enjoyed it going up over the last few weeks as we've been traveling. I'm unemployed but been making more just going to national parks than I would have working. Kind of makes for a hard mental barrier to go back to work ever again.

That is the upper range yes and it's why I have a stop in place. This is a spot that it might stop so I'm just throwing a trade at it. If we break 4180, should get even more FOMO buying to push us to that upper target. I think that is the less healthy outcome for the bull run that could cause a more dramatic correction. If you are a bull we want slow and steady not parabolic.

Part of it is just boredom for me as there isn't much to play right now and I don't mid losing a little if busts higher and breaks my stop.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LMT now at the final resistance level. Fucker needs to man up and bust on through.

1618589223688.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Lots of big block trades and dark pool prints in SPY QQQ and TLT. MOC imbalance to the buy side quite large last two days. Next week is a major earnings week, we don't normally get a large change in direction move in the middle of earnings. Especially when they should pretty much all be beats. Market got right to my stop on the short before turning. 4300 becoming increasingly likely. Going to blow past all the Street's year end targets by month 4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lots of big block trades and dark pool prints in SPY QQQ and TLT. MOC imbalance to the buy side quite large last two days. Next week is a major earnings week, we don't normally get a large change in direction move in the middle of earnings. Especially when they should pretty much all be beats. Market got right to my stop on the short before turning. 4300 becoming increasingly likely. Going to blow past all the Street's year end targets by month 4.
As I watched what was unfolding I got a sinking feeling about the SQQQ puts I wrote and closed them early afternoon for like a 5 cent gain. Decided the juice wasnt worth the squeeze.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm tempted to buy more CCIV and PLTR at these prices. But I've already got big positions in both that I plan on going long in and don't want to sell out of my other positions yet to free up cash.

The missed unrealized gains from this year I was talking about in the Bitcoin thread are almost entirely in those two stocks as it is.