Investing General Discussion

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fed doesn't buy equities, not sure if you are making a joke or if you really believe that shit. Hopefully a joke.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The term has been around since the late 90's.

"The name "Plunge Protection Team" was coined by The Washington Post and first applied to the group in 1997."

Thanks, never looked it up. Been trading since about that time and don't recall ever hearing the term used during that period but communication with traders on the web was far less frequent.

The fed doesn't buy equities, not sure if you are making a joke or if you really believe that shit. Hopefully a joke.

Pretty sure everyone here knows that, at least I hope so.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was joking. And you mean OUR fed doesnt buy equities. BoJ has been doing it for years.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Town of 30,000 near me just shut down for two weeks because a lady had the virus and attended a bunch of events in town. Our governor just put out an alert urging all citizens to have two weeks of food and water on hand. I'm sure he means well but telling me to have two fucking weeks of water on hand makes me panic. Why do I need water on hand? Is our water supply in danger? If I turn that tap and water doesn't come out, I am going to need guns.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Watch 1 or 2 bullion videos on Youtube, and your whole recommended list goes to insane "Buy gold now" videos.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That in itself suggests something about buying gold.

Yeah . . . prolly.

I started buying silver because I put such a huge amount into the stock market etc this year I wanted something else. So after a 10 month stock buying spree, I bought all the toys I had to skip for the years we were poor. Then I bought some silver b/c fuck it why not.

And the shit is really pretty. Lol. Since I liked having it I got some more etc.

I get the buying all metals thing, I just think its misguided. But I'll admit, I do like having it myself.

I use coins to pay my kid his allowance (a dime per thing, quarter if you get 100% of your shit done each day), and he lost his fucking mind when I gave him a giant ass silver coin.

Anyway, yeah . . . after about 3 or 4 of those videos I had to shake off the "Need to buy at least a ton of American 90% silver coins".

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I have a friend who got out a couple days into this drop and has been pressuring me to liquidate, saying this is the beginning of much worse. I don't know what to believe anymore. He has half convinced me to at least liquidate my individual account and then look for a opportunity while leaving my 401k as is. (well thats what his urging have gotten me to consider so far, he of course says the 401k needs to be converted to bonds too before it "all goes".)

He saying now with oil price crashing, its even worse.

Psychology at play in this.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Saudi/Russia oil war is on like Donkey Kong.

Screenshot_20200308-192454_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1Trump

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Apparently barrels of oil are going for the price of rolls of toilet paper.

This fucking week is gonna be lit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Geesh I'm so glad I sold my Oil stocks, never imagined it would get this bad though XOM and CVX down 15%

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Never had any oil stocks but today should hopefully be a glorious bloodbath.