Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The time I was thinking to buy back in mid-to late april feels a long way away now. We'll probably approach the -20% I was looking for today.

We haven't even seen the fallout of the one thing I was looking for as my buy-in crash signal, trump getting diagnosed with corona from his india visit. Probably a couple weeks out still.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I sold all my XOM a few weeks ago at 57, should I buy it back today? I doubt it is the bottom but this seems like a good time to get greedy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Me: selling deep ITM calls on SPY at 265 should cover any potential losses for this panic

The market:
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
There is a chance that was the bottom flush we needed, took us right to the 19% down similar to dec 26, 2018 and Feb 2016 . Seems too early to be bottom given stage of crisis. Might be a bottom without a strong V for awhile. Will be fun seeing how the week, and month finish after all the crazy moves.

XOM and CVX have now bounced over 7% off their lows

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't really think this current market can be compared to anything else. Things are getting bizarre out there. While I was originally predicting a 20% correction at the start of feb, I think this was too optimistic now. I think we have another 6-8 weeks of panic and bad news ahead of us. which will generally drive the markets down more.

I think we've probably seen the worst for this week after today, though. I'm still 100% on the sidelines.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
There is a chance that was the bottom flush we needed, took us right to the 19% down similar to dec 26, 2018 and Feb 2016 . Seems too early to be bottom given stage of crisis. Might be a bottom without a strong V for awhile. Will be fun seeing how the week, and month finish after all the crazy moves.

XOM and CVX have now bounced over 7% off their lows
America is where Italy was at two weeks ago. It will get much much worse.

Pops

What has killed more Jews than Auschwitz?

Averaging down.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't know a lot about how the market works, but if someone with balls of Adamantium bought some puts on that they would make bank when it went back down to sanity levels right?
There won't be any. The super high price is probably more a symbolic sign of units being completely sold out and nobody willing to sell and the ETF currently can't make more. People aren't actually paying that unless something messed up.