Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Tmac Tmac the timber guy?

We have maybe 100 acres of hardwood, maybe 80 years old. Issue is it's in the bottoms, so the trees are more prone to falling.

And some non genetically engineered pine, maybe 20 acres and also about 80 years old.

You said the prices had bounced some recently, and we are trying to decide what to do with it. Cut it now, or try to wait out the next several years for a rebound.

I read the sunset a few months ago saying it's going to be bad for years still yet...

So, timber is like a crop and my philosophy is that you always harvest when your crop is matured. Otherwise you’re leaving money on the table for a 5% maybe 10% increase when you could’ve had two harvesting cycles. If you’re hardwood, double the time it takes to grow.

Harvest, use the income to replant, rinse, repeat. (Hardwood is the obvious exception here)

Most people have been holding the bag since 2008, which increases inventory driving down prices even further. In your case you’d be on your second harvest in 5 years, heh.

What state are you in? DM me if you wanna get down to biznass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So, timber is like a crop and my philosophy is that you always harvest when your crop is matured. Otherwise you’re leaving money on the table for a 5% maybe 10% increase when you could’ve had two harvesting cycles. If you’re hardwood, double the time it takes to grow.

Harvest, use the income to replant, rinse, repeat. (Hardwood is the obvious exception here)

Most people have been holding the bag since 2008, which increases inventory driving down prices even further.

What state are you in?

South Arkansas.

Those 2 harvesting cycles . . . Lol, a stand of that genetic Weyerhauser shit still takes 30+ years to mature.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Nope.

It hasn't been cruised in almost a decade, and never truly inventoried

I have a couple of folks I can refer you to. One's a consultant and one's a dealer. I typically always suggest consultants over dealers, since my dad was one and bc there are some real scheisters out there.

Allow me to send you a PM.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
True. It's going to take some real fear mongering to drop another ~$15.
+5% after the investor call. $88.50. Easy money. I should have sold more.

snoop dogg GIF

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Tmac Tmac the timber guy?

We have maybe 100 acres of hardwood, maybe 80 years old. Issue is it's in the bottoms, so the trees are more prone to falling.

And some non genetically engineered pine, maybe 20 acres and also about 80 years old.

You said the prices had bounced some recently, and we are trying to decide what to do with it. Cut it now, or try to wait out the next several years for a rebound.

I read the sunset a few months ago saying it's going to be bad for years still yet...

Green gold

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Employment huge miss. Expected nearly 1mil, came in under 1/4 of that.

Yields tanked, QQQ exploded higher.

• 1Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This could now cause a correction in cyclicals and big tech rally. Rotation continues. Tech had a full 10% correction , now banks and industrial will be hit. S&p will continue to hold grown to steady gains . We are getting corrections people want but just different sectors at a time .

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This could now cause a correction in cyclicals and big tech rally. Rotation continues. Tech had a full 10% correction , now banks and industrial will be hit. S&p will continue to hold grown to steady gains . We are getting corrections people want but just different sectors at a time .
So far industrials and other cyclicals holding up pretty well. Industrials green or close to it and cyclicals are barely red to flat (speaking of the ones I own).

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So far (knock wood), every thing I went long in this week near the bottom has paid off. COIN is now barely green for me, NFLX,ARKG, XBI and BABA all solidly green. Every SPAC I added to down at/near NAV is up somewhat as well. Cut my cash position in about half this week with longs.

edit: this is your daily reminder that HD made another new 52 high this morning. Fucker is up over 25% in the last 2 months and not unhealthy spikes, just slow grinding upwards day after day.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ARKK vs TSLA
Let me know if you notice a pattern over the last 3 months. 10% of a fund in a single stock is kinda squirrely.

1620401425965.png

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
At this point with how the market is I have money to play but I'm not putting it in. Would rather build up funds for a new portfolio and start fresh and let all my bags become profitable (or fuck, even just break even) over time.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Literally everywhere has a will hire sign up. One repair place nearby recently changed the sign they've had up for 5-6 years. "Looking for experienced technicians in X field" to "Mechanically inclined, want a job?"

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At this point with how the market is I have money to play but I'm not putting it in. Would rather build up funds for a new portfolio and start fresh and let all my bags become profitable (or fuck, even just break even) over time.
Just develop an investing plan, maybe post it here for feedback and then execute it. And have patience, lots of patience. Once you have entry prices, don't let FOMO influence it. Accept that sometimes you will miss something but develop your entry points on technicals and stalk the shit. I stalked BABA for about 2 weeks every session and finally got it at my price. Same with NFLX.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just develop an investing plan, maybe post it here for feedback and then execute it. And have patience, lots of patience. Once you have entry prices, don't let FOMO influence it. Accept that sometimes you will miss something but develop your entry points on technicals and stalk the shit. I stalked BABA for about 2 weeks every session and finally got it at my price. Same with NFLX.

I am NOT a disciplined investor. However, I've held onto my near-nav SPAC's and some things I'm long in to see what happens.