Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
didnt you just tow your party’s line that there is no inflation?
I don't know what you're trying to say with this.

Compound interest, or inflation, is a bitch. Even at a measly 2.5% inflation over the past 13 years, $4 dollar a gallon gas in 2008 would be $5.51 a gallon gas in 2021. We're not even close to $5.51 gas. Gas is still fucking cheap by historical standards, no matter how you look at the data.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Highest since Jan 1996....

Average for 2020 - 1.2

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Average for 2020 - 1.2
Inflation was around 5% for most of the 1980s and everyone thought the economy was great; senile Reagan won re-election in a fucking landslide.

The low inflation we've had for the past 20 years was a result of economic stagnation, not a sign of anything good.

• 1Like
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Average for 2020 - 1.2

No dude. High gas means the economy is super good. Listen to talking heads and Moist.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
These are not high gas prices.

The sky is not blue.

You literally just posted that high gas prices mean the economy is good.

Now gas prices aren’t high. Are you high?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Inflation was around 5% for most of the 1980s and everyone thought the economy was great; senile Reagan won re-election in a fucking landslide.

The low inflation we've had for the past 20 years was a result of economic stagnation, not a sign of anything good.
potato.png

Made this just for you. You're welcome. :)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's been a while since our resident, moderately retarded, dyke made a day long effort of showing how powerful 146 IQ really is

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The 3 series with turbos were faster than I expected.

Nice car, but since you said the make it feels pretentious. Lol
Three series in sport mode with the twin turbos fully engaged, the steering tightening up and the gears not short shifting is a nice ride. It's not a lambo, but 90 mph rides like 30 mph.

And of course I'm pretentious, I drive a Beemer biatch.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey guys. :)

Thoughts on CarMax, Inc. (KMX)?

View attachment 353758

Dipped today. Up a little AA.

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of used cars on the market soon. Can't make the payments when the Biden bucks run out and you're effective wage is cut in half.
It’s probably not a bad play but the price in used cars has me wary they will sell much. I was looking at a car that msrp at ~36k, 1-2 years old sells for ~31k. Those 1-2 year old used cars are now at $42k in just the last couple months. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to get priced out of decent used cars really fucking quick with that kid of ridiculous price hike happening that fast. I’m afraid 2022 new cars prices are going to be the largest yoy change we’ve ever seen. I personally know two people who were used car hunting the past couple months and this week they both said the prices skyrocketed this month and they stopped looking.

I don’t have 146 IQ though so take this post with a grain of salt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users