Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
It takes 5500 employees to run that website lol

these are tech jobs so at least $100k a year average including Benefits .

that’s half a billion in salaries a year without buying computer paying rent or flipping a light switch.

corporate America has so much fat to trim.
As an entrepreneur I will tell you this is the biggest problem with Tech. No one gives a shit about the expense side of the GL. They just spend, spend, spend because its some investor's cash. I analyze every fucking dollar I spend to make sure it is generating some type of return on the spend be it today or down the road. Then again, all my businesses actually make a real profit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As an entrepreneur I will tell you this is the biggest problem with Tech. No one gives a shit about the expense side of the GL. They just spend, spend, spend because its some investor's cash. I analyze every fucking dollar I spend to make sure it is generating some type of return on the spend be it today or down the road. Then again, all my businesses actually make a real profit.
Look at their fucking corporate office in san fran. They have yoga areas, nap areas, peaceful meditation areas, and even work areas that look like a fucking boat. This is serious corporate america at it's most ruthless edge. This is the #1 way to detect a company that's serious about making lots of money, wasting tons of space in san fran, cause that shows you have alpha power.

airbnb-headquarters-san-francisco-wrns-studio-30-1200x800.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1NPC
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Look at their fucking corporate office in san fran. They have yoga areas, nap areas, peaceful meditation areas, and even work areas that look like a fucking boat. This is serious corporate america at it's most ruthless edge. This is the #1 way to detect a company that's serious about making lots of money, wasting tons of space in san fran, cause that shows you have alpha power.

Haha what the fuck.

• 2Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>

When GOOG first did this shit, they did it with the idea that coders would never actually leave the building. And it worked. Those fucks stayed on campus like 18 hours a day. I personally think they got away with mad labor law and timesheet violations but thats another story. So, I get that part of it. On the other hand, most of these company's will never amount to shit and just be a garbage can of dollars set on fire.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When GOOG first did this shit, they did it with the idea that coders would never actually leave the building. And it worked. Those fucks stayed on campus like 18 hours a day. I personally think they got away with mad labor law and timesheet violations but thats another story. So, I get that part of it. On the other hand, most of these company's will never amount to shit and just be a garbage can of dollars set on fire.

You give them too much credit, a garbage can of money on fire at least produces heat

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I hate ABNB with the power of a thousand garbage cash cans on fire.

The diff between GOOG doing it and ABNB doing it is strategic. I’m not sure ABNB has the same expectations. It’s almost like the bar for entry in SF is that your work place has to be a third wonder of the world.

I’ve been to design conferences w people like Teehan at FB and at the time the lead designer of ABNB, UBER, etc. These people are pretentious and have LITERALLY unlimited funding, which could be the reason they’re not making great business decisions.

Some of the folks deepest in it are really unhappy too. Hence prob why most of them micro dose shrooms all the gd time.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I hate ABNB with the power of a thousand garbage cash cans on fire.

The diff between GOOG doing it and ABNB doing it is strategic. I’m not sure ABNB has the same expectations. It’s almost like the bar for entry in SF is that your work place has to be a third wonder of the world.

I’ve been to design conferences w people like Teehan at FB and at the time the lead designer of ABNB, UBER, etc. These people are pretentious and have LITERALLY unlimited funding, which could be the reason they’re not making great business decisions.

Some of the folks deepest in it are really unhappy too. Hence prob why most of them micro dose shrooms all the gd time.
I say this from the bottom of my heart. If anyone of those tech weenies EVER had to write a check from their personal bank account to cover payroll one week, you would not see this horrid waste of cash going on. Seeing this shit really makes me want to puke and then piss all over these fucks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well played friend, well played. +2% on the session today.

We just need these 1-2% daily swings to go away, still not healthy. Most tech stuff on my watch list that aren't even meme/spac stocks are still redish even on these 2% gain days

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
We just need these 1-2% daily swings to go away, still not healthy. Most tech stuff on my watch list that aren't even meme/spac stocks are still redish even on these 2% gain days
You know how you shift your weight when you want to let out a big one? That's the market right now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

These guys look comfy

3358B3D4-3410-4E05-A278-1C945DF8571C.jpeg

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
That face when you look at your portfolio and see a stock under $10 and realize it isn't a pre-DA SPAC its publicly traded VLDR...

fuck me mood GIF

• 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Inflation hit me today when the same 50lb sacks of feed from two weeks ago are now 4 dollars more.

Also: rally plz plz plz don't stop. I promise I will finally sell at a profit, pay off my margin and invest in responsible long term stocks if you pop just one.more.time. /pinkyswear

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Inflation hit me today when the same 50lb sacks of feed from two weeks ago are now 4 dollars more.

Also: rally plz plz plz don't stop. I promise I will finally sell at a profit, pay off my margin and invest in responsible long term stocks if you pop just one.more.time. /pinkyswear
I thought you were supposed to dump all your margin back in January?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Read this morning largest employer in San Francisco cancelled lease on 325,000 square feet office space for their business. Done.

SF's largest private employer cancels huge downtown office lease

Last edited:
  • 1Like