Mr. Poopybutthole
I just jinxed the market

1621015002946.png

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Was poking at my account and I managed to get to the page where it shows my money distribution and my suggested distrubition. Currently 99.9% stonks, .1% short term reserves (cash) only because it's too small amount to buy into anything. It suggests I pick up 10% bonds.

Is there anyone here that holds bonds for a reason other than short term paper handsing? The day I retire I might shift a more conservative portfolio... but bonds? PUKE

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was poking at my account and I managed to get to the page where it shows my money distribution and my suggested distrubition. Currently 99.9% stonks, .1% short term reserves (cash) only because it's too small amount to buy into anything. It suggests I pick up 10% bonds.

Is there anyone here that holds bonds for a reason other than short term paper handsing? The day I retire I might shift a more conservative portfolio... but bonds? PUKE
Bonds have been shit for a long time. There was a time when you could have bought some decent corporate paper but those companies all bought that shit back and reissued at much lower rates.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Essentially people are calling it a 30 year bond bubble. It popped and now they're shit. Until interest rates go up again, there's not a great reason to be in them. Interest rates rising will crush current bonds even further into the toilet.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My dad just put $750,000 of my grandmothers money w a financial advisor. I’ll follow up w what her money is in.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'll be odd man out. I really don't care what they do, it's their money. They lose it not my problem.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
lol, well now we know the condition of Borzak’s familial ties.

Fire Garbage GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I had a relative with 100k invested in a 10 year locked CD with 0.25% interest coming up on its 3 month window before getting locked into another 10 years. I said they should do literally anything else with that, literally anything else. Go buy fucking treasury bonds, give it to a financial manager.

They said nope. I don’t give financial advice to family members any more.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one w a family where I know who not to give advice to and to whom and when to give advice?

What’s up w “one person didn’t listen to me so I’m not talking to anyone in my family anymore!”?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t really give anyone advice because if it goes down I don’t want them blaming me. If someone asks me I’ll tell them my holdings, how each has done, things I’m looking at, but I don’t advise. I tell people to look at ETF history and decide for themselves.

I do have two guys at work that give me shit for moving my 401k allocations to safe havens the day before the 2020 crash and not telling them about my hunch. One would’ve made $200k if he followed me, the other said close to a million. Oops!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user