Investing General Discussion

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
How many times have I posted on this board about how bad the senior leadership is at T? No one is asking yet how much they are paying Stephenson in retirement for the clusterfuck he created after he took over for Whitaker. Its easy to blame Stankey, but he was given this dumpster fire.
My neighbor has worked there for 30+ years. He is basically retired but still collecting a check. Yall might get along but he doesn't really care about anything anymore. only golf and his beach house

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Speaking of PSTH, I may take my gain and sell. I was only holding a filthy SPAC on the off chance it would be Starlink. Certainly looks like it won't be so time to take tendies and run. I have no interest in owning a tiny piece of Bloomberg.

• 2Paper Hands
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
T cutting dividend shows how out of touch they are with their shareholders. It's literally the only reason most hold it.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My neighbor has worked there for 30+ years. He is basically retired but still collecting a check. Yall might get along but he doesn't really care about anything anymore. only golf and his beach house
I retired from management there. I knoweth of what I speak.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T cutting dividend shows how out of touch they are with their shareholders. It's literally the only reason most hold it.
I am looking at this like PFE. The dividend isnt cut until its cut. Stankey might see such a run on the stock that he can say "its was just something we are looking at".

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What could possibly go wrong?

• 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am tempted to grab some TSLA down around $550. But I know the minute I do it will plunge down t the 200-DMA. Rajaah Rajaah , what would you do in this situation? Would you buy TSLA here?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I am looking at this like PFE. The dividend isnt cut until its cut. Stankey might see such a run on the stock that he can say "its was just something we are looking at".
I don't think so (not a strong conviction). I do believe they probably feel they need to break this stigma of being a bond proxy and maybe they do. But the pain of that transition could be pretty bad. They want to be priced like a media company, they need to shake off this existing shareholders and find new ones. Return to growth lower divy down to ~3% and get debt paid down. 7yrs from now that may be the move that gets this stock moving northward. It wouldn't surprise me to see it hit 25-26 before this new company can get settled into that direction.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think so (not a strong conviction). I do believe they probably feel they need to break this stigma of being a bond proxy and maybe they do. But the pain of that transition could be pretty bad. They want to be priced like a media company, they need to shake off this existing shareholders and find new ones. Return to growth lower divy down to ~3% and get debt paid down. 7yrs from now that may be the move that gets this stock moving northward. It wouldn't surprise me to see it hit 25-26 before this new company can get settled into that direction.
I get it. I thought the TW acquisition was the right thing to do. Being "just a telecom" isn't where you want to be. The problem with the TW purchase is they fucked up the running of it. Because their management team is shit.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of PSTH, I may take my gain and sell. I was only holding a filthy SPAC on the off chance it would be Starlink. Certainly looks like it won't be so time to take tendies and run. I have no interest in owning a tiny piece of Bloomberg.
Wait for the pop on the DA. It will pop no matter what they announce (except Subway).

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If T does in fact whack the dividend in half, then at $26 you are hitting a 4% dividend yield. And keep this in mind as well, you will be getting "free" shares in the new company to offset some loss.

edit: T has trimmed about half its loss so far today.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
18th of the month and I'm up a whopping $3k :confused:. Month isn't over but this will be my lowest closed trade profit since March'20. I know a lot of people are down this month so should probably be happy with an even. I have to be careful with decision making next 12 days that I don't enter trades that I would otherwise wouldn't trying to improve month, as that is normally a recipe for blowing things up. Lots of weakness now in the charts of the tech names I like to trade, patience probably best course as trend is waning.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
VLDR broke $11. At this pace I will be green by Christmas.

Just found this. The company lost 160 million last year but the Founder made over 30 million selling the building he owned that houses the company.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR +18% over the last 3 or 4 days.

1621347927695.png

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm back to green on my PLTR put that I was assigned on Friday, my cost basis is 21.15

• 2Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users