Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone own or have a strong opinion on NFLX? I bought some on the dip as a quick flip and I just can't find a reason why this is a long term hold for me. I honestly think most analyst on this stock are full of shit. Anyone think this is a stock to own for 20 years?
Not much to share on outlook but interesting to note that Netflix is in the tightest trading pattern I believe in it's history over the last 10 months.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not much to share on outlook but interesting to note that Netflix is in the tightest trading pattern I believe in it's history over the last 10 months.
I know. Its really getting coiled and could break either way pretty soon. I am just thinking long term, and now adding AMZN buying MGM to add to its catalog and a real studio. What does NFLX have on its side against AAPL (should they every get serious about streaming), AMZN, DIS and TimeWarner/DISC?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
CNBC "analyst".

tenor.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Going to buy some TYME, they have a big presentation on their cancer drug on June 04. Have had a lot of luck on other bios before big announcements like BCRX and KMPH. Still have both of each long expecting another run up on a possible buy out.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Blazin Blazin Can you explain this tweet for us 5 year olds?

I get the last one, and I think I understand the 3rd one, but what do the first 2 mean?
I did some research and I’m not certain on the V but from what I can guess the first one is Very Wet Ass Pussy Gap. Filling it with volume, well use your imagination.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin Can you explain this tweet for us 5 year olds?

I get the last one, and I think I understand the 3rd one, but what do the first 2 mean?
#1 VWAP stands for volume weighted average price , and is referring to options sellers sucking premium out of spreads
#2 refers to your drip investors, that's 401k pension etc that provide constant buy pressure

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm still lost lol. Basically just arbitrage on a big scale?
It's complicated, as call options near the strike their delta increases, this rate of change is called gamma. Buying lots of calls triggers price increases in the stock, which triggers more call buying. Think of it as just being hte opposite of a short squeeze. It's a squeeze upwards.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cramer trying to get /wsb to go after BYND.

Generally speaking, WSB is full of brokedicks the buy-in price would need to be way lower for the WSB crew to really go after it. As you've said before WSB is more or less 21st century penny stock traders.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AMC broke 21. Go apes.

1622124597490.png

edit. 1.7 mil share transaction. I dont think thats a retail investor.

1622124929691.png

Last edited:
  • 3WTF
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users