Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
DIS dipped to 172 near the end of the day. It's coming up on the 200 MA at 164 but hasn't used it as support yet. The 50 MA has been acting as resistance since April and is at 179 currently.

I have a standing order to buy back in at 165 for awhile now. Its definitely a long term keeper.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why 165? You think it'll dip below the 200 MA before earnings/reopenings propel it back up?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I dont think we have a day trading thread, butI also didn't look hard enough, so this goes here. Just something to keep in mind:

Ps. The whole thread has info, not just that first post.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dont think we have a day trading thread, butI also didn't look hard enough, so this goes here. Just something to keep in mind:

Ps. The whole thread has info, not just that first post.
What a fucking bitch.

1624120284616.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you're operating on the assumption that there's like a 70% chance of a market correction in the next 6-12 months, and there's very little upside in the market, what is wrong with inflation-protected bonds?
Because you are assuming a correction that may not occur. Or it might correct in 6 months and fill the gap in 3 weeks then March higher from there. Put the money in blue chip companies and you will probably get more return in the time prior to a possible correction than you will in bonds. What are you going to get 1.5%? 2%? In a year? I make you a bet. You go into bonds and then a year from now we compare your return to MSFT, AAPL, QQQ, SPY or FTEC. I think SPY pays a higher dividend than the bonds will yield. Let's see which one works out better.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because you are assuming a correction that may not occur. Or it might correct in 6 months and fill the gap in 3 weeks then March higher from there. Put the money in blue chip companies and you will probably get more return in the time prior to a possible correction than you will in bonds. What are you going to get 1.5%? 2%? In a year? I make you a bet. You go into bonds and then a year from now we compare your return to MSFT, AAPL, QQQ, SPY or FTEC. I think SPY pays a higher dividend than the bonds will yield. Let's see which one works out better.
I have a lot in MSFT already. I don't want to be overexposed to it because I know from being in the industry that they're bleeding cloud engineers from the Azure teams very badly. There's a huge talent drain going on. Windows 11 looks like dogshit on the consumer side. Excel and Outlook don't make for a growth company even with the subscription model. Teams and Xbox-as-a-service subscription are their only real winners. APPL has been pretty flat for a while.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have a lot in MSFT already. I don't want to be overexposed to it because I know from being in the industry that they're bleeding cloud engineers from the Azure teams very badly. There's a huge talent drain going on. Windows 11 looks like dogshit on the consumer side. Excel and Outlook don't make for a growth company even with the subscription model. Teams and Xbox-as-a-service subscription are their only real winners. APPL has been pretty flat for a while.
Those were just examples of blue chips. The point is the odds of a blue chip not outperforming a bond in a 6-12 month time frame is near zero.

The Fed just signaled interest rates are near zero until maybe next year. Bonds are poop on a stick right now.