Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Its almost as if someone told everyone to just kind of ignore Friday.
26ck7j.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only thing keeping RIDE alive right now is the meme/squeeze craze is still going strong and people think it'll be the next AMC

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I finally bought some BTC. Had a limit order in for like 3 weeks at the 6-month support level and it popped today after running up to overhead resistance and getting slapped down. Already up 6% on the bounce. If it's true bounce we should move back up and I can sell around 38k for a 20% profit.

But remember, technical analysis is just for stonks, not crypto.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I finally bought some BTC. Had a limit order in for like 3 weeks at the 6-month support level and it popped today after running up to overhead resistance and getting slapped down. Already up 6% on the bounce. If it's true bounce we should move back up and I can sell around 38k for a 20% profit.

But remember, technical analysis is just for stonks, not crypto.

I sincerely hope you're right about the 31k-ish support point.

• 1Diamond Hands

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sincerely hope you're right about the 31k-ish support point.
It bounced around there for a period of time on the way up and established some support. If it holds is anyone's guess but it has been the floor on the last 3 or 4 moves downward the last couple of months. We shall see.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I "think" COIN is a buy down here. People are selling it because of crypto prices, but they are making cash on every transaction on their platform. They are making lots of money on the volume of trades going on right now. I have an order in to add at $210.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I "think" COIN is a buy down here. People are selling it because of crypto prices, but they are making cash on every transaction on their platform. They are making lots of money on the volume of trades going on right now. I have an order in to add at $210.
I like it to $475!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Market Update!

Seeing more weakness under the hood, yesterday was impressive breadth. The re open trade is faltering we have seen tech try to retake the lead IF it fumbles we are going to get a correction. We are going to see volatility in the near term. Things are never easy. The market is wrestling with this and fake outs in both directions will make trading difficult if you aren't nimble enough. Long term money should just close the screen and go enjoy the summer. I'm up $7,001.93 for the month in trading account for June, that's an okay month and given the climate I'll take it. Closed most positions and placed stops on others. Will be spending my time looking for opportunities to earn my nut for July. The weakness in crypto could spread to a general risk off sentiment which could provide better opportunities. I'm not interested in selling options for end of July expiration as of this moment.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Market Update!

Seeing more weakness under the hood, yesterday was impressive breadth. The re open trade is faltering we have seen tech try to retake the lead IF it fumbles we are going to get a correction. We are going to see volatility in the near term. Things are never easy. The market is wrestling with this and fake outs in both directions will make trading difficult if you aren't nimble enough. Long term money should just close the screen and go enjoy the summer. I'm up $7,001.93 for the month in trading account for June, that's an okay month and given the climate I'll take it. Closed most positions and placed stops on others. Will be spending my time looking for opportunities to earn my nut for July. The weakness in crypto could spread to a general risk off sentiment which could provide better opportunities. I'm not interested in selling options for end of July expiration as of this moment.
I'm a gut trader/investor and I agree with this analysis :)
I've closed a few positions already this month.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the update Blazin, and once again, to everyone providing insight, speculation, etc. Thanks!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Market Update!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The weakness in crypto could spread to a general risk off sentiment which could provide better opportunities.

My how times a have changed. I look at that sentence and don't even know what to make of it.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My how times a have changed. I look at that sentence and don't even know what to make of it.
crypto isn't quite a bellwether force yet for the overall market, but it is certainly something to consider. I have looked at crypto's moves and tried to assess the stock market based on it.. correlation is not quite in step yet but I imagine it'll get there sooner than later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crypto is limited to the crypto specific stocks right now like MARA, RIOT, CLSK, etc. They're a good way to trade crypto without actually trading crypto

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the weakness in crypto has a lot to do with the surprising renewed faith in the dollar. Not sure the renewed faith in the dollar is well-founded, but maybe it is?

1624372022907.png