Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jokes on you, my average cost for PLTR is $27.59.
The power of options, my cost basis would have been 22, but between selling puts that assigned me the shares and selling covered calls I probably have that down to around 20

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Now that the excitement in this thread has died down with the meme stocks and everyone is partying over in the crypto thread, I wonder if maybe we should move back to more of a strategy/stock idea focus.

With industrials/defense stocks sitting near their highs, I have closed out all my defense stocks for profit and am waiting for their downward turn to reacquire them. I look for a minimum 15% upward potential.
LMT - $24.98 EPS, PE - 15.31, 200 DMA - $367 (I think LMT is a likely candidate to break below its 200 DMA and I would love to grab it back under $340)
NOC - $27.30 EPS, PE - 13.65, 200 DMA - $322
GD - $11.05 EPS, PE - 17.61, 200 DMA - $163

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So your strategy is to hold until that news drops and then sell after the short term bump or do you think it's a longer-term play?

I'll sell most of my position on the approval bump and hold a few shares long incase there's a unicorn event like they get bought out by one of the big boys. That's why I'm still holding some KMPH/BCRX.

If you want to take your chances you can wait to see if there's a stop loss raid before the pdufa which is common in these bio plays and get the shares cheaper, but you risk there not being one and the price just keeps going up until the pdufa on 7/29

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'll sell most of my position on the approval bump and hold a few shares long incase there's a unicorn event like they get bought out by one of the big boys. That's why I'm still holding some KMPH/BCRX.

If you want to take your chances you can wait to see if there's a stop loss raid before the pdufa which is common in these bio plays and get the shares cheaper, but you risk there not being one and the price just keeps going up until the pdufa on 7/29
Ahh, I see.

Just looking at it, they also have an earnings report Aug 4, I wonder what effect the pdufa would have on that announcement in so short of a time?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ahh, I see.

Just looking at it, they also have an earnings report Aug 4, I wonder what effect the pdufa would have on that announcement in so short of a time?
It won't affect their earnings, as its just the approval and not the actual launch of the drug. Other numbers to keep in mind, they have 11% short interest, large institutional ownership, and aren't in debt (150+ million cash on hand), so approval = bump + squeeze short term. Will have to wait till next earnings or two for the new drug.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just remember not to set your buy limit too tight
Kenan Thompson Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My stonks have hovered around $1900 since I got started back in April. I'm clearly a victim of SPAC suxxors since that's what most of my holdings have been since then:

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Funny enough, I should've just put all my beans in the same basket as my ROTH, lol. I also sold PLTR at $22 before it dropped to $20 and didn't get back in =/

I have like $25k in crypto's as well. I feel like I need to clean this shit up and start making market money.