Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty sure I made the argument in the past that Chinese stocks having value was proof fundamentals already didn't matter. Straight up lying and cheating is accepted and expected business practice in China, and you're nuts if you believe anything a company there says.
Or you dont have to believe the company, you just have to wager that enough other people believe in the company to move the stock price. Hello to you TSLA the last 5 years.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Or you dont have to believe the company, you just have to wager that enough other people believe in the company to move the stock price. Hello to you TSLA the last 5 years.
I'm definitely in the category that we've entered the era of price insanity with mobs of the untrained washes getting into investing. With the way things are, I don't expect it to ever truly really reverse course, though. I think we've opened the investing pandora's box and simply entered a new era. I think the minimum due diligence I can do is to keep my money as far from the repossession reach of the CCP as possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
100% agree. It is why I am holding BABA and will add at $180. This stuff will get smoothed out. Its all part and parcel of how things work today. You just need a time horizon to get beyond it.
I was holding BABA last Summer and bought every dip LOL. Every last fucking dip! I can remember when I bought at 319 thinking the shares were a steal. From 319 to 220 I was buying. BABA has something up their sleeves, which is why they are releasing earnings two weeks early. The question is, do people in the US care any more. I'm more worried about either the Chinese or US government stepping in and ruining the party.
These are not companies I'd hold. Better to wait for a deadcat bounce, because you know anytime they recover, they short them back down to oblivion. I'd rather trade these companies than own. And the Chinese government is now saying they are doing a broad review of their tech companies until January. So no one is going to be willing to step in and pony up.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wonder if there has ever been a day when the big 5 tech companies reported that was this red for the Nasdaq?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added to BABA at $180 It is at the Black Monday March 2020 Coronachan low. I am either right or I am not. My belief is is has some strong support here from back in 2019.

1627406124888.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kyle Bass spitting fire on China today

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Kyle Bass spitting fire on China today

Not wrong at all. Chinese companies being able to get listed on foreign exchanges was a huge step into clown world.

Also AMD reports today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can you help enlighten me on the "china" aspect of the Tech drawback? i'm reading that everywhere.
There is a lot of macro shit hitting markets right now. China hitting Ed is stoking fear. Fear of delisting in the US is hitting because we all know China companies wont be able to be audited per the standard. Coronachan, being at all-time highs, free money, inflation. All of it. It just takes one little thing to pop the bubble and cause a reversal.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
For the full year 2021, AMD now expects revenue growth of approximately 60 percent, up from prior guidance of approximately 50 percent, driven by strong growth across all businesses. AMD now expects non-GAAP gross margin to be approximately 48 percent for the full year 2021, up from prior guidance of approximately 47 percent.

• 1Like