Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
BABA is the only China stock I dabble with. Its position as their crown jewel means they wont kill it. Just kick Jack Ma occasionally.
I need to free up some money to trade with anyway. I love BABA as a company, just not the geopolitical crap around it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I can't continue to have 30k sitting in it. Looks like they are waiting for the Xilinx deal to close.
I told you bro.

1627490053015.png

You didnt dump at the open did you?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I told you bro.

View attachment 364382

You didnt dump at the open did you?
No. I have sold about 125 shares above 97, still have 250. When the trade is over, I'll still hold my core position of 17 shares. When I saw the upgrades kept rolling in, I stayed. Will be interesting to see if it takes out its all time high or gets rejected back into the 80s.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
BABA is the only China stock I dabble with. Its position as their crown jewel means they wont kill it. Just kick Jack Ma occasionally.
You know I'm not opposed to a BABA play but I would argue that Tencent is the jewel. So if that is your sole reason I'd insert some caution.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You know I'm not opposed to a BABA play but I would argue that Tencent is the jewel. So if that is your sole reason I'd insert some caution.
You really think they like Tencent over BABA?

Edit: and thank you form taking a break from your Farmer Blazin lifestyle to respond :cool:

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Will AMD break $100 today?

tenor.gif
I'm out of my swing trade of AMD, been in from 70 to 97 (left three times). 3% of my portfolio is still AMD. I don't trade during Fed meetings, I've seen that movie before. It's a horror movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What is taper and what are repo facilities? IDK what this tweet means.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Show a man investopedia, feed him for life...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Show a man investopedia, feed him for life...

I don't understand how someone can sell a security and buy it back a day later at a higher price or what the implications of that are, but it sounds like this is a double whammy of some sort. IDK, ZH also seems to operate on bear fundamentals and in clown world stonks only go up.

It also sounds like tapering is only a theoretical thing that the Central Bank has never actually been able to execute on since QE is such a helluva drug?

Yeah, read it all and still don't understand what it means.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't understand how someone can sell a security and buy it back a day later at a higher price or what the implications of that are, but it sounds like this is a double whammy of some sort. IDK, ZH also seems to operate on bear fundamentals and in clown world stonks only go up.

It also sounds like tapering is only a theoretical thing that the Central Bank has never actually been able to execute on since QE is such a helluva drug?

Yeah, read it all and still don't understand what it means.
Its not someone. Not you or me. Its banks mainly and funds. Its about liquidity. Banks dont keep depositor cash they lend it out. They also own treasuries. They borrow cash from the FED and use their treasuries as collateral.

"Classified as a money-market instrument, a repurchase agreement functions in effect as a short-term, collateral-backed, interest-bearing loan. The buyer acts as a short-term lender, while the seller acts as a short-term borrower.1 The securities being sold are the collateral. Thus the goals of both parties, secured funding and liquidity, are met."

Taper is only theoretical because we no longer have an independent Fed. They should have tapered last year but the Market puked as soon as it was mentioned and Janet Powell said "Oops, just kidding".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its not someone. Not you or me. Its banks mainly and funds. Its about liquidity. Banks dont keep depositor cash they lend it out. They also own treasuries. They borrow cash from the FED and use their treasuries as collateral.

"Classified as a money-market instrument, a repurchase agreement functions in effect as a short-term, collateral-backed, interest-bearing loan. The buyer acts as a short-term lender, while the seller acts as a short-term borrower.1 The securities being sold are the collateral. Thus the goals of both parties, secured funding and liquidity, are met."

Taper is only theoretical because we no longer have an independent Fed. They should have tapered last year but the Market puked as soon as it was mentioned and Janet Powell said "Oops, just kidding".
I understood the repo thing, but it sounds like it's in conflict with the taper definition? Taper seemed like it's saying "end QE," but the repo thing sounded like they were preparing to buy more treasuries?

Am I just reading it wrong?