Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking to take a starter position in CAT at the 200 DMA of $205. I actually prefer it at about $199 but with their earnings and an infrastructure bill I dont think it bounced that far below the 200 DMA. I made some nice money on it last year and misplayed it by selling after I thought it had topped.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whoever was asking about PYPL yesterday here is the chart. I think its still a bit pricey at this level. $250 would be better at the 200 DMA or maybe the 100 DMA of $267. I am a bargain shopper so I would prefer it at the 200 DMA.

1627653767168.png

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin Blazin Newsmax is reporting WH with the support of blue states will order the country to lockdown in about 2 weeks. If he does it, how does the market react to the announcement? And how will you play it?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're fucking insane if you believe that.
Insane that he will order it? I am not derailing this into politics. Its a market question. The actual news reporting of it is in the /pol thread.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Whoever was asking about PYPL yesterday here is the chart. I think its still a bit pricey at this level. $250 would be better at the 200 DMA or maybe the 100 DMA of $267. I am a bargain shopper so I would prefer it at the 200 DMA.

View attachment 364650

If you won't buy Google or Facebook, I would imagine Paypal would be a bright neon sign of toxicity for you.

homer simpson episode 21 GIF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you won't buy Google or Facebook, I would imagine Paypal would be a bright neon sign of toxicity for you.

homer simpson episode 21 GIF
There is a line between stopping criminals from using their service for money laundering etc and researching if they will do it for SJW reasons. For now, the new info could just be pandering. If I see this actually implemented and hitting people I will re-assess.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking to take a starter position in CAT at the 200 DMA of $205. I actually prefer it at about $199 but with their earnings and an infrastructure bill I dont think it bounced that far below the 200 DMA. I made some nice money on it last year and misplayed it by selling after I thought it had topped.
Filled at $205. Lets see if I should have stuck to my guns and held out for $200

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Insane that he will order it? I am not derailing this into politics. Its a market question. The actual news reporting of it is in the /pol thread.
I too would like a lot of really bad news so I can buy a ton of stonks and get 50%+ YoY returns again for free, but I just think this is complete fucking nonsense.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I put a limit order in for AMZN at about the 200 DMA ($3,275). If its good enough for Blazin Blazin I will give the hot hand a run.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I followed all my rules today. Started trading the open and done by 10 AM CST. Made $1,632 on real AMD trades, and 400 on simulated trades on Tesla. No losing trades. When I follow my rules, I win 90-95% of my trades and I end up ahead for the day. When I don't, I do horribly. Half the gain from AMD came from holding overnight, the BABA trade is a simulated trade just to see how I'd do if I held a longer term short position.

Not bad for 1 hour 15 minutes work, but I know if I sit here I'm gonna blow up my gains. Out by 10 AM is a rule I do so much better with. Eventually, I'll have a trade go the wrong way, and since my brain can't handle a 50 loss, I'll turn it to an 800 loss.

My goal is to stop simulated trades by December and do real full time. My trades in real money are now 50k a trade, and the fake ones are 100k. "Trading in the stock market is an expensive way to deal with your emotional baggage." I forget who said that.

AMD 7-30.JPG

TSLA 7-30.JPG

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This a lockdown play or you just like it at $3300 for a quick couple hundred dollar recovery?
I have flipped it for $750/share so far this year so my risk tolerance is kind of high on entries at this point. We may still be locked in range with the recent bump proving to be a false breakout. At this point it's a play looking for $3600+ to see how it handles that range and possibly dumping it again. I only put $45,000 in it so I'm not really concerned too much either way. I don't see a breakdown below $3300 unless we see increased overall market weakness.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I put a limit order in for AMZN at about the 200 DMA ($3,275). If its good enough for Blazin Blazin I will give the hot hand a run.
That's actually a good idea for a trade. Thanks.

If you wanted the stock long term, the time is soon. New CEO's tend to lower the bar on growth to make themselves look like the hero for the next couple of quarters. I own one share, not interested in more unless it goes a lot lower.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know everyone is enjoying this little rally, but the next CPI number is on July 13th. And if its hot (which it probably will be), we'll see a huge drop. Would keep some cash on the side. Some Economists have predicted next month will be the worst (for whatever that's worth).

• 1Like