Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BABA as a swing trade this week? Options imply a 5% move by Friday. I'd be willing to bet bullish. They moved up earnings for a reason. They have something up their sleeve. The question is, does the market care about their surprise, over the geopolitical risk? If I can get at 190, I'm loading the wagon.

Thoughts?
First overhead resistance is $200.68 and it bounced off it first attempt this morning.

edit: attempt #2 incoming
edit2: blasted through it. Next resistance is about $205

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA +5%
To The Moon Rocket Launch GIF by Partiful

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember when the algos sold off ABT a couple of months ago because they thought Coronachan testing was going away and you bought the dip?

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

1627915685411.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold my Qcom 8/20 calls for 30% gain, still holding PINS/ROKU calls for Oct/Nov. Roku took a beating though

• 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many shares does the guy own? I don't fault someone for cashing out so he can support the next 10 generations of his families life on the company he founded.

Unless he was a "i'll never sell I believe in this company" crusader, then fuck em.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like robinhood has a little over 700m shares, so he sold 1% of the company. Dunno what % he held though I'm sure that would have to be disclosed on or before the IPO

Tenev, 34, and co-founder Baiju Bhatt, 36, will each sell shares worth about $50 million in the offering, according to the SEC filing on Monday. After the offering, they will each own about 8% of the company’s stock, and together they will own about two-thirds of the voting shares.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just saw #HumeraMassacre trending on Twitter and I was like WTF, did the drug kill somebody. I then realized it wasn't a misspelling of Humira, its just some shithole place in Africa where they are killing each other. ABBV in the green.

lisa edelstein relief GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How many shares does the guy own? I don't fault someone for cashing out so he can support the next 10 generations of his families life on the company he founded.

Unless he was a "i'll never sell I believe in this company" crusader, then fuck em.
The problem is that it wasn't a direct listing but an IPO. All his shares should have been locked up but the underwriters allowed him to dump those shares. I believe the rest are locked up. And no other insiders were allowed to dump if what I read is correct.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Looks like robinhood has a little over 700m shares, so he sold 1% of the company. Dunno what % he held though I'm sure that would have to be disclosed on or before the IPO
Raughs in founder. Skimming their IPO, looks like he had about 56million shares, so he sold ~12% of that holding. But he also had the right excise 1m class b stocks which he should satisfy the criteria for and likely did today. So my guess is he dumped the commoner stock for the class B and took the extra to fund a yacht, all while gaining in voting power in the company.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Raughs in founder. Skimming their IPO, looks like he had about 56million shares, so he sold ~12% of that holding. But he also had the right excise 1m class b stocks which he should satisfy the criteria for and likely did today. So my guess is he dumped the commoner stock for the class B and took the extra to fund a yacht, all while gaining in voting power in the company.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1627925085064.png

Homer-Smoking-Burning-Money.gif

So what can be done with reducing your tax burden? If I was to sell all of my long AMD position I would have a hefty tax bill.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 users