Investing General Discussion

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sold my short term AMD. Bought 90.35 sold @ 110. $6130 profit.

Its pretty obvious why people get carried away with stocks and the like. All those nice charts showing you highs and lows then you doing the math on how much you would have made if you entered at the low and sold at the high. Its like what if I held SNDL a bit longer and made 300% instead of 40% then rolled that into this AMD trade....

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Tendies
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was finally able to get decent premium selling PLTR CC's, will keep it up if the premium holds up. The two weeks previous the premium was dog shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sold my short term AMD. Bought 90.35 sold @ 110. $6130 profit.

Its pretty obvious why people get carried away with stocks and the like. All those nice charts showing you highs and lows then you doing the math on how much you would have made if you entered at the low and sold at the high. Its like what if I held SNDL a bit longer and made 300% instead of 40% then rolled that into this AMD trade....
Why did you sell the short term instead of the long term? And you were just asking about how to lower your taxes...

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Why did you sell the short term instead of the long term? And you were just asking about how to lower your taxes...
Im a little sentimental about them...

1628286622700.png

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I’d sell all but 1 😎
Will certainly keep 1 when I sell.

In retarded news;

The proposal requires that companies have two diverse directors, including one who identifies as female and another as an underrepresented minority or LGBTQ+, or explain why they do not. Companies also have to publicly disclose the diversity of their boards.

• 2Worf
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Will certainly keep 1 when I sell.

In retarded news;

I'm sure you'll get a chance to repurchase at 100. If this behaves like a normal stock.

All for diversity in Corporate settings, having worked for two Fortune 500s. I remember getting passed over by guys that weren't better than I. Eventually, I worked my way up, but it was much tougher. Now I make more in two months than those no talent fucks do all year. They only go to the finest schools and pick a certain pedigree. There's really not a 1% difference at the top.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
White, brown, yellow don't matter as long as you got your MBA from the same school as the other senior execs. The real discrimination is "oh, you didn't go to Harvard business?".

And of course nepotism which is a given.
When I got my MBA from Texas, literally there was no difference between any of us, except the Engineers you knew were going to not do so well. Because they only saw life in terms of numbers and didn't understand people. People moved from all over the world to be there, and there wasn't much difference in intelligence, just creativity.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When I got my MBA from Texas, literally there was no difference between any of us, except the Engineers you knew were going to not do so well. Because they only saw life in terms of numbers and didn't understand people. People moved from all over the world to be there, and there wasn't much difference in intelligence, just creativity.
If you don't mind me asking where did you go for your MBA? I did mine at UTPB.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hofstra is 10 minutes from my house here on Long Island. They wanted 50k+ for the MBA. UT Permian Basin charged 10k with no out of state fee for their online MBA. It wasn't a hard choice for me. It's almost like that's the real business test of the MBA. Did you pay 50k or 10k for the same accredited diploma.
I paid the full boat and got a full time degree. My company marked me as essential, so they paid 100% at the start...and kept paying less and less. But I did get a full time degree, in class degree.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PLTR doing PLTR things today. -3% on no news. Part of me wants to bank all the profit I have on this and another part of me knows the minute I sell it will become the new GOOG and shoot to $1000.
Will PLTR ever make a product that you or I use every day, or that advertisers buy ads on every day?

No.

It's not going to be the next GOOG. The total addressable market for its products are ultimately quite small.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Going through my trades. I made $4,005 last week (Mon 253, Tues 0, Wed 2533, Thurs 475 and Fri 744). On Monday, when I wasn't feeling well from the covid shot, I lost 1,200 in 30 minutes of trading, and I have no idea why I made those trades. They were garbage, I wasn't feeling right. Wednesday, I made 0 because I held overnight. I traded the last hour after being up, and lost almost 1k getting my face melted. I shorted and it ripped the other way. I bought and it immediately reversed. I know better. I should have left in the first hour. Thursday, I lost 600 to macroing at the open.

Factor out those areas, and it would have been a 7k week.

Also, like Blazin said, earlier in the week, I wasn't programming enough profit in my trades. When he said to review my trades to see what happened after, literally, I could've doubled my profits on 80% of my trades.

Friday, all trades were perfect, and I made 744 in less than one hour. I get the mentality that I need to stay all day, and thats not good. I think if I can make 744 in an hour, I can make 5-6k all day. That's when I start losing trades. The trading gets choppy at lunch (algorithms) or I try to try in power hour and get my face melted. If I'm on past 10:30 my time, I usually start losing trades. 8:45 to 10:30 is my sweet spot.

I feel like a pussy for leaving in 50 minutes on Friday. Because I want to dominate the stock all day. And then I realize that nothing I said in the last two sentences makes any sense for traders. It's not a fight, but I have this feeling like I walked away from one. This line of thinking is not right for trading.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Will PLTR ever make a product that you or I use every day, or that advertisers buy ads on every day?

No.

It's not going to be the next GOOG. The total addressable market for its products are ultimately quite small.
You are thinking to narrow. They dont have to "create it". They can buy it. GOOG didn't create YouTube, the bought it. FB didn't invent IG, they bought it. Look sometimes at the ginormous list of companies MSFT has acquired over the years. Its mind numbing. PLTR has been PIPE investing in lots of SPACs for this very purpose and getitng them on the cheap by doing the PIPE. PLTR has a steady revenue stream that aint going away (the gubmint) because no one else can offer what they offer. They can use this revenue stream to acquire other revenue streams. I am up more than 100% in less than a year. I am ok waiting a few years to see this move.