Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
DAL and NCLH running strong this morning. I see no reason whatsoever to trim. I see just the start of the travel sector rotation.

Also up 7% on my TRVG position.
Jeffries just upgraded the airlines to outperform. Market is definitely seeing through delta at this point.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, China is taking board seats on their tech companies, pretty much making them government owned.

there's never been much of a distinction, all chinese companies operate at the pleasure of the ccp and will do whatever is asked of them

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
BABA short interest is still a pretty small % of float, so any large movements probably have very little to do with that.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My NCLH calls got sold on my trailing stop loss, but can't complain about 50% profit in 3 days. I'm also looking to reenter with an oct/nov expiry on the next dip.

• 1Paper Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would have set a looser trailing stop. I see this as basically a day 1 awakening that travel sector was oversold. Though, I know your options were closer to expiry, so fair play for 50%!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would have set a looser trailing stop. I see this as basically a day 1 awakening that travel sector was oversold. Though, I know your options were closer to expiry, so fair play for 50%!
That list I posted yesterday and last week on travel stocks is up like 5-7% since yesterday. Tempted to sell, but I think the market is just understanding now. Like this is the first day they understand delta is toast. I know I could lock in a quick 9% on some of them, but I think there's way more upside.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is part of letting your winners run. On swing trades, I tend to scale profits so you always have something to show for the trade as well as leaving a piece on the table to let it run. However, with these travel names, I am waiting a bit to scale the first profits because they were so beaten up.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Value names (aside from things like travel/gambling) are really not doing well today. This is more of a tech/opening play rally today.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My grandpa stocks are only up 20% ytd. The pains of diversifying a whole 2% of my portfolio into them.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Najarian telling CNBC viewers to buy RCL October calls.

Late to the party there bud, but come join in the fun!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is part of letting your winners run. On swing trades, I tend to scale profits so you always have something to show for the trade as well as leaving a piece on the table to let it run. However, with these travel names, I am waiting a bit to scale the first profits because they were so beaten up.
I could sell MSGE for an 8% gain in like a week. But I think its got more room to run. Look at the chart. CNBC is pumping up the epicenter stocks all day too.

I could make 8, but I think I could get 30+.

Attachments

• MSGE 8-24.jpg
    MSGE 8-24.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I seem to remember Jysin, Sanrith and myself getting called out on here for buying travel and leisure stocks last week. But as the saying goes, "Buy when there is blood in the streets, even if its yours." Last week, the market was panic selling. Last night, Cramer was talking about how they are panic buying to get in.

Do I think this trade will be smooth sailing? No. But is there a better trade out there for the next month? I don't think so.

Attachments

• Be Greedy.jpg
    Be Greedy.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could sell MSGE for an 8% gain in like a week. But I think its got more room to run. Look at the chart. CNBC is pumping up the epicenter stocks all day too.

I could make 8, but I think I could get 30+.
What I really enjoy about this thread is seeing the different investing strategies people use. For example, I am like the exact opposite on trades. I make the trade with a preset target in mind of where I want to get out and stick with it. Especially when selling puts or quick stock flips. If I set a 75% profit target on writing an options play then that's where I bail even if it means I leave some cash on the table. I like seeing others using different strats so I can see how they work out for them.