Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been trying to find something to do with my cash. To be honest, rolling out lots of cash covered puts on SPY/QQQ etc is a pretty large amount of liquidity and I aint got that much free. Part of me thinks the SPLG is the ticket (S&P 500) but it has two downsides. The options aren't super liquid and it has stocks I abhor (FB/GOOG etc). The other option is to go with the XLK. Little more liquid and lacks the Comm Sector stocks. Downside here is that its only got 77 stocks and AAPL/MSFT make up 42% of the ETF. Since I persoanlly love AAPL and MSFT that may be the way I end up going.

I am open to other ideas. I dont want individual stocks because if I do get assigned I am fine holding the ETFs long term through a down cycle.
XLI just got recommended on Fast Money by Tim

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cramer's stocks to own on news of the Pfizer vaccine:
- travel and leisure
- "go out" stocks (selected restaurants like CMG, EL)
- cross border plays (MA and V)
- airlines and cruise ships (NCLH and LUV)
- cyclicals (BA, HON, Oil and gas, CLF and NU)
- FAANG and friends

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
all china companies are probably like this

theyre basically recreating dot com and no one cares

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My single biggest non-ETF stock investment went up 10% after hours today heh.

And that is my Vaguebook post for the week.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
all china companies are probably like this

theyre basically recreating dot com and no one cares
You of all people should know in Chinese culture that being “clever” (aka fraudulent to the rest of the world) is actually appreciated there. Even people that get fucked over in China have an appreciation for the “cleverness” of the person who fucked them over. When you have to compete with over a billion people the “just get it” culture happens.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Get ready for thotstocks;

1629797785756.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wouldnt be surprised to see a slight consolidation / pullback after yesterday's mini rally.

However, my Oct NCLH calls are ITM premarket today.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see the travel stocks I posted are running hard today so far. I plan on holding 45 days, but if they get ahead of themselves or news, I'm out.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DAL and NCLH running strong this morning. I see no reason whatsoever to trim. I see just the start of the travel sector rotation.

Also up 7% on my TRVG position.

• 1Solidarity