Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious how closely our portfolio holdings align. It seems like we have many similar names.
I hold way too many stocks. Just got done with Cramer saying no more than 30. What I do is, if I like a company, I just buy it, hold it, and forget I own it. Like there are a ton of half and quarter positions I hold because I think they will have growth for years.

I almost need two portfolios.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hold way too many stocks. Just got done with Cramer saying no more than 30. What I do is, if I like a company, I just buy it, hold it, and forget I own it. Like there are a ton of half and quarter positions I hold because I think they will have growth for years.

I almost need to portfolios.
It's funny because I manage my mom's accounts as well and especially in her brokerage account it closely mirrors my own (her IRA is much more dividend heavy). If I like a stock at a price then it's also a good pick for her. The difference is I tend to never trade out if her positions like I do some of my trades. I also don't trade any options in her accounts. The difference in Alpha between her account and mine is very small.

Tldr: my swing trading makes me very small profits compared to her just buying and never selling. I am too smart for my own good quote often.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who could have predicted giving strippers and unemployed people 500k mortgages would lead to a bubble!?
Who would have thought that tulips aren't worth the value of a nice home?

Who would have thought in 2000 that Internet companies with barely a business plan and zero revenues weren't worth a billion dollars?

Who would have thought that a movie company with shrinking revenues and profits and getting displaced by streaming technologies isn't worth 1000% what the fundamental value is? Every movie company is trying to shrink their movie cinema business, whether its streaming, or shortening the window. That comes straight off the DCF formula, lowering NPV.

Nothing is new under the sun. We just need to sell to one bigger sucker than us. Until we find out the sucker is us.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
A complete list of my positions. Almost everything travel related will go away when delta levels off, except BA, WYNN and ABNB. Roughly 90k is in the epicenter stocks right now. That's what I trade with.

It's too many positions, I know. But I tend to buy half and quarter positions, and hold them so long I forget I own them. The non epicenter stuff I plan on being in for years (well, until the semi shortage ends and there's no more juice to squeeze on infrastructure).

Pf1.JPG

Pf2.JPG

Pf3.JPG

Pf4.JPG

Pf5.JPG

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A complete list of my positions. Almost everything travel related will go away when delta levels off, except BA, WYNN and ABNB. Roughly 90k is in the epicenter stocks right now. That's what I trade with.

It's too many positions, I know. But I tend to buy half and quarter positions, and hold them so long I forget I own them. The non epicenter stuff I plan on being in for years (well, until the semi shortage ends and there's no more juice to squeeze on infrastructure).

View attachment 369162

View attachment 369163

View attachment 369164

View attachment 369165

View attachment 369166
XOM...

sorry tom hiddleston GIF

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It looks like you take a lot more flyers than I do. With some exceptions, I stick to strictly blue chips with strong balance sheets

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It looks like you take a lot more flyers than I do. With some exceptions, I stick to strictly blue chips with strong balance sheets
Like I said, I'll buy a company that I think will grow over the years, and pretty much hold forever. Some of these are quarter positions, like SNAP or STEM.

It's too many positions to manage, I usually ignore a lot of them. And some of them are Cramer names, or Cramer related, so he'll tell me when to add or purge.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sorry for outperforming the NASDAQ and S&P YTD?
You werent around this thread last year during the time of darkness known as oil demand destruction. Those types of scars never heal. On the other hand we had a good laugh at the /wsb crowd buying oil futures for pennies and then finding out they had to actually take position of the thousands of gallons of crude they bought.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You werent around this thread last year during the time of darkness known as oil demand destruction. Those types of scars never heal. On the other hand we had a good laugh at the /wsb crowd buying oil futures for pennies and then finding out they had to actually take position of the thousands of gallons of crude they bought.
On the plus side I don't have to worry about cutting the grass anymore!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well it’s in a different position now. The US is not pumping oil out like it was two years ago.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I almost need two portfolios.
Forgot to post my holdings. This is combined through my various personal accounts and my daughter's custodial account. Her account has the QQQ/QQQM/SPYG with FB/GOOG etc in it.

Symbol
CASH
AAPL
ABBV
ABT
AMZN
BABA
BTWN
CAT
CI
CRM
DIS
FTEC
HD
LMT
MA
MSFT
PLTR
PYPL
QQQ
QQQM
SPIR
SPYG
SVFA
V
WMT
WYNN

My Mom's accounts:

Symbol
AAPL
ABBV
ABT
BABA
BTWN
CAT
CI
CRM
CSCO
CVS
DIS
FTEC
GD
HD
HDV
KMB
KO
LMT
MA
MCD
MSFT
NOC
PG
PM
PYPL
QQQ
SVFA
T
UNH
WMT
WYNN
XBI

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hoping the market jitters start the overdue correction. Would really like to put some substantial cash in at nice lower support levls.

• 1Like