Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
NCLH dipping back down, but has been making higher lows and has gone from 21.80, 22.6 and 23.06. I'll probably jump back in if it can get close to 24
I'm honestly afraid to flip it, because I don't want to wake up and its at 30, and I'm not in it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm honestly afraid to flip it, because I don't want to wake up and its at 30, and I'm not in it.

I'm only out because my stop loss triggered. Interesting to note was before it bounced off of the 100 MA but today it bounced off of the 50 MA, though they're pretty close.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered and sometimes mommy su takes you home and just feeds you and feeds you and feeds you.

I bought AMD at $3.07 share, sold at $107.30. $158932 profit.

Ive kept 1 $3.07 share for memory sake.

• 9Tendies
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered and sometimes mommy su takes you home and just feeds you and feeds you and feeds you.

I hope that trade is in a retirement account.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I hope that trade is in a retirement account.
giphy.gif

Not going to enjoy having to write $30,000+ check for taxes come next spring.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Why sell before the Xilinx deal closes and it goes to 120?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Why sell before the Xilinx deal closes and it goes to 120?
I dont like whats going on in Afghanistan. People seriously dont appreciate how insanely precarious that hole thing is right now.

Worst comes to worst I rebuy on a dip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Interesting, Cramer says to expect MA to go down if they talk taper tomorrow, and for banks to go up, but ready to buy the dip on MA.

Also, listening to the Fed comments, the market isn't the only thing looking past covid; so is the Fed. Bullard said it, covid has had negligible effects on the Economy other than travel and leisure.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The question, is it all priced in or is there more to go? Cramer thinks if Powell cosigns Bullard, MA and PYPL selloff for the next 10 days.
MA goes up when covid goes down. Covid is going down. MA should go down if the Fed tapers. So who knows?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ended my trade on MA at a slight loss, kept the core position for the long term hold. I get nervous when Cramer sends out in the newsletter saying if the Fed tapers, expect a 10 day selloff in financial services. When the facts change, I change with them.

I had 30k sitting in it...too much risk for me. Took a $200 loss, still own shares in it though.

• 1Paper Hands

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
MA or V or both. Just own them and don't look at them for the next 20 years.
I own both long term. But my trade in MA is over until we see if Powell agrees with Bullard. If so, reading between the lines of what Cramer said in the video, you'd buy the banks and short MA for awhile, and then sell the banks and buy MA.

At least that's what I took from the video today. Did you watch it?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

"If Powell suggests the Fed could announce a plan after its Sept. 22 meeting to end bond buying, that could be seen as “hawkish” and trigger a market reaction.

“If he specifies a time frame, I suspect it would be fairly soon. That’s probably a pretty significant move up in yields and a pretty rough day in the equity market,” Wells Fargo director of rates Michael Schumacher said. “If he just leaves it open in one of his usual comments, actually giving no timing, that’s what most people expect. That’s probably viewed as dovish.”"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope there's no movement on interest rates until I can lock in my rate for this mortgage. Fucking thing sucks!

• 1Solidarity