Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
$17k in paper trades today. Tesla was a swing trade and then a few days trades. SAM was a swing trade. QQQ was during the Fed speak.

It's a little too easy to predict market sentiment when Bullard is talking about early tapering and bombs are going off in Afghanistan at the same time.

Not bad for 45 minutes of trading.

Attachments

• 8-26 Trades.JPG
    8-26 Trades.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Today is the type of day its good to set some limit orders to buy at crazy low prices stocks you like. There is enough going on in the news a flash crash/down gap is a definite possibility. Worst thing that happens is the orders closes unfilled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Today is the type of day its good to set some limit orders to buy at crazy low prices stocks you like. There is enough going on in the news a flash crash/down gap is a definite possibility. Worst thing that happens is the orders closes unfilled.
Why not short it down and then buy at the bottom? Double the profit.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tom Lee is still calling for the "Everything Rally" even with Bullard talking early tapering and bombs in Afghanistan.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
You werent around this thread last year during the time of darkness known as oil demand destruction. Those types of scars never heal. On the other hand we had a good laugh at the /wsb crowd buying oil futures for pennies and then finding out they had to actually take position of the thousands of gallons of crude they bought.
The only time I pay attention to wsb is to make sure I'm not on a stock they are pushing.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Forgot to post my holdings. This is combined through my various personal accounts and my daughter's custodial account. Her account has the QQQ/QQQM/SPYG with FB/GOOG etc in it.

Symbol
CASH
AAPL
ABBV
ABT
AMZN
BABA
BTWN
CAT
CI
CRM
DIS
FTEC
HD
LMT
MA
MSFT
PLTR
PYPL
QQQ
QQQM
SPIR
SPYG
SVFA
V
WMT
WYNN

My Mom's accounts:

Symbol
AAPL
ABBV
ABT
BABA
BTWN
CAT
CI
CRM
CSCO
CVS
DIS
FTEC
GD
HD
HDV
KMB
KO
LMT
MA
MCD
MSFT
NOC
PG
PM
PYPL
QQQ
SVFA
T
UNH
WMT
WYNN
XBI
Curious what you consider in my portfolio to be a flyer, when you have Palantir and Square.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
The only time I pay attention to wsb is to make sure I'm not on a stock they are pushing.
Oh man. Go back to either end of April or end of May (think it was end of Apr for May futures) and read the posts here people were copying from /wsb about them buying oil futures for "negative dollars" and how they were going to be RICH. And then the posts of "what do you mean where do I want the oil delivered?". Shit was good comedy.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Curious what you consider in my portfolio to be a flyer, when you have Palantir and Square.
PLTR has a rock solid moat and the gubmint is their #1 customer and is a Peter Thiel project. It came out on the direct listing at $10. I had known about the software for years and had been waiting for it to go public. I don't own SQ. I hate Jack Dorsey with a passion. Let me go back and look at yours.

Edit: For stocks I consider flyers would be things like UBER, SNAP, ABNB for example.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Like they are talking about on CNBC, bombs go off in Afghanistan, and the algos push everything down. Why would I not follow the big boys? I do that all the time.

You now how long it took me to talk him into raising his buy orders by 0.01?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
NCLH dipping back down, but has been making higher lows and has gone from 21.80, 22.6 and 23.06. I'll probably jump back in if it can get close to 24