Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea who the hell this guy is but this seems accurate :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone mentioned earlier gas was going up and down around $0.35/gallon at the refinery right now before transportation and taxes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
smelling-money.jpg

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The last month or so has really jaded me. I see a day when we move less than 2% in either direction and I'm like "yawn, what a snoozer". I am truly unfazed seeing my portfolio down 2% or less. Its really kinda fucked up. I have circuit breaker syndrome.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

Sorry Im crabby. There are opportunities here. I want ideas. I'm back to 85% cash, want to commit it to something. This isn't just BTFD for you Karens. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sorry Im crabby. There are opportunities here. I want ideas. I'm back to 85% cash, want to commit it to something. This isn't just BTFD for you Karens. Old dogs can learn new tricks.
85% cash? I think you missed the on ramp about 4 weeks back.

Pops

The last month or so has really jaded me. I see a day when we move less than 2% in either direction and I'm like "yawn, what a snoozer". I am truly unfazed seeing my portfolio down 2% or less. Its really kinda fucked up. I have circuit breaker syndrome.

Got to adapt. The IV on your options is dropping. So don't pay up. Unless proven, the lows have been seen on a lot of stuff.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got to adapt. The IV on your options is dropping. So don't pay up. Unless proven, the lows have been seen on a lot of stuff.
We are settling into a more "normal" trough. Which is actually a good sign for the market. Its sort of a dead zone for me. The stocks that meet my criteria are currently above entry/add-on points. Same with my core ETFs. So for now I wait and look for an opportunity I like.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm pissed kid. Let's see how prescient you are. Give us a call.
XOM will be over $50 by July 1st.
MSFT will be over $190 by July 1st
QQQ will be over $230 by July 1st
BA will be over $300 by Dec 31st

• 2Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Thanks. I'll do my homework, reevaluate and prob circle in next month with some more questions.

Here's the value of that advisor. If the market tanked 30% again, what would you do? Would you panic sell and lock in the losses? The advisor can give a buffer in those instances and talk you off of a ledge. If you're instead the person that would add cash to see it as a buying opportunity or just ignore the ebbs and flows besides some rebalancing once or twice a year, then it's probably not worth it. They can also be worth it for tax loss harvesting, which is more of pain to do on your own.

Disclosure: I work for a SMA firm who work directly with financial advisors. We do very little active management and I can see value in the portfolios with loss harvesting.

• 2Like