Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
jobs data in 4.4M new jobless claims. Market rallied initially just for tradition, we'll see if it holds.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i bought uco in the dip at 1.31 and have held it since. it's up to 15 something but i just saw that my 100 shares were traded for 4. any know what this means? should have sold earlier or would it not have mattered?
Reverse split. 25:1. Usually done to prevent being delighted from the exchange. So to do the math. Your 100 shares at 1.31 were worth $131. Your 4 shares are now worth $60.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
Reverse split. 25:1. Usually done to prevent being delighted from the exchange. So to do the math. Your 100 shares at 1.31 were worth $131. Your 4 shares are now worth $60.

if i would have sold earlier while it was still showing 100 shares at $15 would i have made the $1,500? just trying to learn for next time. thank you.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
As a total noob I've been looking at the biggest movers at the end of the day and have seen alot of reverse splits. Is this common or a symptom of the current craziness? Are these devalued stonks worth looking at to make a quick 20% bump? I did this with a cheap telecom the other day and made 12% in a few hours. Limit orders and commissionless trades almost seems like cheating.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
As a total noob I've been looking at the biggest movers at the end of the day and have seen alot of reverse splits. Is this common or a symptom of the current craziness? Are these devalued stonks worth looking at to make a quick 20% bump? I did this with a cheap telecom the other day and made 12% in a few hours. Limit orders and commissionless trades almost seems like cheating.

It is usually the death throws of a dying company.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
if i would have sold earlier while it was still showing 100 shares at $15 would i have made the $1,500? just trying to learn for next time. thank you.
The $15 price is after the reverse split. It could have been 50 cents a share before the split. Not looking it up just estimating

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Limit orders should be the only way you trade. Market orders are the debil.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
yes it was listed like that for two days while pending on merril edge. well, at least i didn't lose $1,500. i tried researching it but couldn't figure out what was going on. i saw that uso did that but not uco

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those looking for some long term investment exposure to FAANG/MAGA stocks at a very small net expense ratio take a look at MGK. Vangaluard Mega Cap Growth ETF. Its not that the top 10 holdings are going to significantly differ from QQQ or SPYG, but their weightings are heavier in some cases due to it only holding about 100 stocks in the basket. 12% is MSFT, 10% AAPL, 9% AMZN, 4% FB and 3.5% each of the two GOOG.

Not saying its a buy right now based on price, but just pointing it out as an alternative product. Net expense ratio is 0.07%.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Any projections for FNMA and FMCC?

Have some because Trump wanted them out of the conservatorship, but dunno what a hiring market crash will do to them

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Any projections for FNMA and FMCC?

Have some because Trump wanted them out of the conservatorship, but dunno what a hiring market crash will do to them
I dont know what your cost basis is on those but in my amateur opinion thats dead money. Once the govt stops protecting people from not paying their mortgages things are gonna get ugly for RE.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dont know what your cost basis is on those but in my amateur opinion thats dead money. Once the govt stops protecting people from not paying their mortgages things are gonna get ugly for RE.

Gov mandated 180 days of forbearance for all gov backed mortgages without penalty. So it won't get ugly yet, but there's probably a lot of people who won't have that money as a lump sum in 180 days.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gov mandated 180 days of forbearance for all gov backed mortgages without penalty. So it won't get ugly yet, but there's probably a lot of people who won't have that money as a lump sum in 180 days.

Isn't interest accruing during that 180 days of forbearance as well? Why isn't this a government mandated deferment instead?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pretty sure that yes, interest is accruing on all these loans in forbearance. Student loans as well.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Isn't interest accruing during that 180 days of forbearance as well? Why isn't this a government mandated deferment instead?

I haven't read the law so I'm not 100% sure. Typically yes, but I believe this is an exception and all fees will be waived, and interest set to 0% for the time of forbearance. There may be some other weirdness about 0% interest on home loans going on.