Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Last week's buys really moving. We are right at the level of the previous two times we stalled. A strong close today and then tomorrow any green means we are going higher to find a new resistance point.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last week's buys really moving. We are right at the level of the previous two times we stalled. A strong close today and then tomorrow any green means we are going higher to find a new resistance point.
Your XLF looks to be a hit.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Your XLF looks to be a hit.

Yeah happy with KO and BRK as well but they aren't "outperforming" by much.

It's too far out but I can see things coming together for another significant leg up to this bull market in the coming years. We have 5T in money market accounts earning zero, that money will capitulate and buy at some point and send the market soaring. This run will then die because the Fed will kill it because of inflation. We are a long away from that, we have a highly accommodative Fed that is willing to print non stop until that inflation shows up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Both but used site today. Closed my options for V and DIS, sold new ones, doesn't have anything in cost basis column.
I have had that happen sometimes but usually its only with low liquidity options. I always assumed it couldn't instantly price them. The next day they priced.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah happy with KO and BRK as well but they aren't "outperforming" by much.

It's too far out but I can see things coming together for another significant leg up to this bull market in the coming years. We have 5T in money market accounts earning zero, that money will capitulate and buy at some point and send the market soaring. This run will then die because the Fed will kill it because of inflation. We are a long away from that, we have a highly accommodative Fed that is willing to print non stop until that inflation shows up.
I want to put about 10-15% of my cash to work in ETFs as I am under where I want my allocation balance to be in indexes but can't find a good entry point lately. Which, in some ways, isnt a bad thing.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They sure the fuck didn't waste time doing this, lol:

Not necessarily knowing what SEC Form 3 was, I looked it up. I only see this as a good thing? With the big stock bump, it helps track insider trading of shares. If they were hyping for inflating the stock price to cash out.. this would be the heads up that something was fishy. At least, that's how I interpret it.

What Is SEC Form 3: Initial Statement of Beneficial Ownership of Securities?
SEC Form 3: Initial Statement of Beneficial Ownership of Securities is a document filed by a company insider or major shareholder with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

It is an important step to help regulate insider trading, which is an individual’s buying or selling of a security based on material non-public information. Filing Form 3 helps disclose who these insiders are and track any suspicious behaviors.

According to the SEC, disclosure is mandatory. The information provided on the form is meant to disclose the holdings of directors, officers, and beneficial owners of registered companies. This information becomes public record and is, therefore, available for public inspection.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Not necessarily knowing what SEC Form 3 was, I looked it up. I only see this as a good thing? With the big stock bump, it helps track insider trading of shares. If they were hyping for inflating the stock price to cash out.. this would be the heads up that something was fishy. At least, that's how I interpret it.

What Is SEC Form 3: Initial Statement of Beneficial Ownership of Securities?
SEC Form 3: Initial Statement of Beneficial Ownership of Securities is a document filed by a company insider or major shareholder with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

It is an important step to help regulate insider trading, which is an individual’s buying or selling of a security based on material non-public information. Filing Form 3 helps disclose who these insiders are and track any suspicious behaviors.

According to the SEC, disclosure is mandatory. The information provided on the form is meant to disclose the holdings of directors, officers, and beneficial owners of registered companies. This information becomes public record and is, therefore, available for public inspection.

you missed the point I think, it’s a capital raise

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
this would be the heads up that something was fishy. At least, that's how I interpret it.

Come out with a statement that you know will bump your stock up, and almost immediately submit your plan to create and sell a bunch of new stock at that new higher price?

I'm sure its a coincidence.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Walmart is definitely a company that's easy to see as a survivor in this economy. Long term I really think this could help them and other similar companies get the presence to fight amazon in the virtual delivery space. Lot of people trying out grocery delivery are discovering amazon aint the only person in town and whole foods is the worst. This is probably a long term boon for every grocery that has put some juice into store pickup and local delivery.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Come out with a statement that you know will bump your stock up, and almost immediately submit your plan to create and sell a bunch of new stock at that new higher price?

I'm sure its a coincidence.
Are you implying that they fudged the results of their studies in order to issue stock at higher prices?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Are you implying that they fudged the results of their studies in order to issue stock at higher prices?

No. I'm implying they were smart enough to realize the irrationality in the market would bump their price more than was warranted, so had a plan to execute on this and take advantage ready to go in advance.

It shows they have a smart person running the business, but does dabble a bit into the quasi-ethical. Take it how you want.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No. I'm implying they were smart enough to realize the irrationality in the market would bump their price more than was warranted, so had a plan to execute on this and take advantage ready to go in advance.

It shows they have a smart person running the business, but does dabble a bit into the quasi-ethical. Take it how you want.
I take it as actions done in a regular course of business.