Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I love this thread. I learn shit from it and look up things I don’t understand. There’s a lot less garbage here than random investing forums and people answer noob questions Without being dicks. 1/3 of my investments are from advice/conversations in this thread.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those looking for an under the radar investment take a look at TER. Teradyne Inc. They make automated testing systems for all sorts of segments including semiconductors, wifi chipsets, memory chips etc. EPS growth is 15% ttm and they make about $3 a share in earnings. Very little debt (long term debt less than 2019 EBITDA). Its not "cheap", but I can see a 15-20% window up possible from its current price.

Needless to say, do your own due diligence.
So this jumped like 4% today.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I bought 10 shares of it with some spare cash sitting in the account. What the hell. Got it at 65

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
i gotta think in a few years dkng under $40 is going to look like a steal. no reason that stock isn't worth several hunderd dollars imho once more states open up for gambling.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
i gotta think in a few years dkng under $40 is going to look like a steal. no reason that stock isn't worth several hunderd dollars imho once more states open up for gambling.

P/E 860.... I mean I can see them getting helped by covid, but those are some massive shoes.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Whats the smart investment play for a civil war, long term martial law, or fascism / communism?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Civil War means invest in lead, gunsmithing and reloading tools....

and long lasting food. Dig out a bunker on some rural land.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just my opinion, but I believe one of the great mistakes many investors make is looking for the "homerun" stock. Look at all the great stocks today, AAPL, MSFT, GOOG, FB, AMZN, WMT etc. They all Wallowa for a long time. I remember FB dropping to like $18 a share a while after the IPO. In baseball, homerun hitters strikeout a ton. Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, Ichiro and many others went to the HOF hitting singles and doubles while almost never striking out.

Buy quality and hold it. Remember if a stock looks underpriced in today's information age, there is a reason its priced the way it is. Price discovery tends to be really good these days.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
True.

Maybe boot and denim companies?
Nah, you need to think big time. Weapons and shit. Even if they don't use them on our own people they can sell them to 3rd world dictators. RTX, LMT, GD and the like. Weapon manufacturers never go out of style.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Futures just turned green. Not even mass acts of sedition throughout the country can keep the market red.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Saw statements earlier about civil blah blah, not covered.

Guessing there will be govt handouts to cover all of it, because as a country we are immune to consequence.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Theres gotta be some economic fall out over this. For the past 48+ hours LA, Philly and a few other cities has had a looting free for all.