Investing General Discussion

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I want to sell the rest of my stock, but now I'm thinking it's going to pass Berkshire Hathaway by the end of the year

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I want to sell the rest of my stock, but now I'm thinking it's going to pass Berkshire Hathaway by the end of the year

Just set some stop loss at whatever you’re good with selling it at. $1650? $1700? As it keeps going up, raise your stop loss amount.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just set some stop loss at whatever you’re good with selling it at. $1650? $1700? As it keeps going up, raise your stop loss amount.
LachiusTZ LachiusTZ I would use a trailing stop loss. It adjusts as the stock keeps going up. So if you set, say a 10% trailing stop, if the stock dips down 10% from its last high it triggers. It follows the stock up and protects your gains.

Edit - and with it up 15% now I would definitely use one to protect this short squeeze spike upwards. These type of holy shit parabolic moves up dont happen often. Protect the gains.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Laughed at this

1594648439741.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well that was a phone autocorrect for premarket. Still...wtf
oh i got that, i just mean the $1650 in general.

fuck this stock (because i didnt buy it and because when i did buy it at 1K, i bought 1 share for lulz and then dumped it)

Elon thought TSLA price was too high 2.5 months ago when it was at $700, i wonder what he really thinks now that its at 1700+

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm really torn. I dont like TSLA as a company in terms of fundamentals and shit but I do sort of admire Elon. Also it looks like TSLA will be joining the S&P 500 so we all get to own a little bit of it soon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I almost bought some when it was in the $200 range last year but Elon was always tweeting stupid shit and smoking weed in public was making me too wary of it. I’m an idiot I guess.

We apparently hate money. It's true.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm really torn. I dont like TSLA as a company in terms of fundamentals and shit but I do sort of admire Elon. Also it looks like TSLA will be joining the S&P 500 so we all get to own a little bit of it soon.

Sell 100k units a year. Somehow have the valuation of an S&P 500 company. All the other auto makers have AXED entire lines of products that sold millions of units in a year.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's been a running theme for a while in this thread. TSLA isn't attached to any logic. Shorting it is a very bad idea, yet people keep trying because the stock is extremely overvalued. I've made the comparison before, but TSLA is really like the star citizen of stocks. People put money into it because of the vision, not because of any fundamental reality. And while that holds true, it's stock value is very bullet proof.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But what if TSLA stock is one of the requirements to live on the lavish Mars retirement colony?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AMZN up almost 5%. It doesn't appear people are overly concerned about earnings season starting.

Edit - and WMT makes a new high after it announced its version of Amazon Prime last week.

Last edited:

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
PFE and BNTX got FDA fast track approval for their vaccine.
BNTX up 18% so far. Although, all the big COVID vaccine stocks are all up 10% or so right now.

It's almost a guarantee that there will be some more funding announcements soon for some of the frontrunners in the vaccine race. There's a whole lot of Warp Speed, DoD, CEPI, Gates, GAVI, etc funding that still hasn't been allocated.

The tolerability profile of all the mRNA vaccines still makes me leery and I expect some bad press since that becomes common knowledge, but I'm still holding all these vaccine stocks (BNTX, MRNA, NVAX, INO, maybe I'll even buy some VXRT though I'm skeptical). I would hate to take profits and miss out on approval or emergency use authorization.

I fully expect to see at least 1 EUA before the presidential election. My money is still on MRNA but the others I've listed are all legitimate contenders. I'm only taking about small or midsize companies here but of course but all the big pharma players are part of the race as well.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BNTX up 18% so far. Although, all the big COVID vaccine stocks are all up 10% or so right now.

It's almost a guarantee that there will be some more funding announcements soon for some of the frontrunners in the vaccine race. There's a whole lot of Warp Speed, DoD, CEPI, Gates, GAVI, etc funding that still hasn't been allocated.

The tolerability profile of all the mRNA vaccines still makes me leery and I expect some bad press since that becomes common knowledge, but I'm still holding all these vaccine stocks (BNTX, MRNA, NVAX, INO, maybe I'll even buy some VXRT though I'm skeptical). I would hate to take profits and miss out on approval or emergency use authorization.

I fully expect to see at least 1 EUA before the presidential election. My money is still on MRNA but the others I've listed are all legitimate contenders. I'm only taking about small or midsize companies here but of course but all the big pharma players are part of the race as well.
Pharma vaccine plays truly are roulette wheel stuff. Im backing ABBV and JNJ figuring if they hit the vaccine its a homerun, otherwise they still make me some nice money year in and year out. Vaccine would just be a happy ending surprise.