Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Haven't had any issues with fidelity, I had a few orders in for the open. Seeing it about multiple places now.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tempted to sell $20 calls on PLTR expiring Friday. The implied vol is insane with earnings in 2 days.

1604934674720.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I set a bottom feed order on BIIB. 2-year low is about $216. They still have EPS over $30 and a PE of 7.42 so maybe it will pan out if it hits.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hey smart people, I haven't checked the markets for months now but today seems like a good day to make decisions. I would like to believe 2021 would see more ups as this pandemic subsides, but I'm also nervous of a Biden economy. But maybe he can't do too much right away? I'm not active enough to actively buy dips / sell highs. Are we expecting things to tank a bit or do we think there will continue to be upside in 2021?

I'm really tempted to set some Sells for DIS. I'm up 40% and it's nearing it's all-time highs ($151).
I'm up 30% on CCL & 50% on RCL, I can see a lot of upside if they ever start cruising again. Also, 2021 is poised to be a BIG vacation year.. maybe I'm dreaming though, especially if Biden locks everything down.
I'm up 50% on X, could the Democrats do an Infrastructure deal or will the R's shoot it down?

Thoughts?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm having problems executing on Fidelity, errors, trades not showing. Try to call private client group and it says volume so high they probably won't be able to talk to them "today".

Really frustrating.

I havent had any issues so far using Active Trader Pro

I trade in my 401k on Fidelity Active Trader Pro. Had an issue where I hit sell on my TSLA stocks, it said received but never had any execution notification. Also my open P&L kept moving, which made me think it didn't go through. However, after clicking the order window, I saw it did indeed execute correctly. The ATP interface simply wasnt reporting it. Closed it down and reopened and everything displayed correctly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey smart people, I haven't checked the markets for months now but today seems like a good day to make decisions. I would like to believe 2021 would see more ups as this pandemic subsides, but I'm also nervous of a Biden economy. But maybe he can't do too much right away? I'm not active enough to actively buy dips / sell highs. Are we expecting things to tank a bit or do we think there will continue to be upside in 2021?

I'm really tempted to set some Sells for DIS. I'm up 40% and it's nearing it's all-time highs ($151).
I'm up 30% on CCL & 50% on RCL, I can see a lot of upside if they ever start cruising again. Also, 2021 is poised to be a BIG vacation year.. maybe I'm dreaming though, especially if Biden locks everything down.
I'm up 50% on X, could the Democrats do an Infrastructure deal or will the R's shoot it down?

Thoughts?
For the stonks you are happy selling, set a trailing stop loss order to protect your gains on today's move upwards.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having problems executing on Fidelity, errors, trades not showing. Try to call private client group and it says volume so high they probably won't be able to talk to them "today".

Really frustrating.

I had the same issue, which delayed some of my stop loss orders, but did not cost me that much. I am totally out of cruise/airlines now except for 100 in Norwegian to keep the little onboard credit perk they give if you hold 100 of their stock. I'm a platinum "frequent flyer (cruiser)" with them.

I got caught up in the Phizer fomo pre market and bought some of them ABOVE their all time high, sigh. If they got the miracle cure wtf are they going back down?? Oh well was not that much. I need to cool my jets and reassess after all this selling off.

What the veterans told you all these months is true folks, formulate a plan and stick to it! otherwise emotion will fuck you up

• 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had the same issue, which delayed some of my stop loss orders, but did not cost me that much. I am totally out of cruise/airlines now except for 100 in Norwegian to keep the little onboard credit perk they give if you hold 100 of their stock. I'm a platinum "frequent flyer (cruiser)" with them.

I got caught up in the Phizer fomo pre market and bought some of them ABOVE their all time high, sigh. If they got the miracle cure wtf are they going back down?? Oh well was not that much. I need to cool my jets and reassess after all this selling off.

What the veterans told you all these months is true folks, formulate a plan and stick to it! otherwise emotion will fuck you up
Depending on how much PFE you bought you might be able to cover some of the paperloss on the dip back down by selling OOM covered calls on it at this level.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So far

Sold IWM @ 175.17 (11% gain in 9 days)
Sold JPM @ 113.58 (23% gain)
Sold KO @ 53.01 (25% gain)

I will be back in these names without a doubt, but glad to hand them over in a trading account to people on a sugar high. Almost sold JNJ at 148 but I think it could see a push into 150s so going to hold off. Still holding JNJ, PEP, LMT, MSFT, VZ

edit..and Fidelity issues cleared up. Missed buying LOW at low's watching it now. Told myself I'd stop trading but hard to walk away from days like today.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
For anyone wondering if the Pfizer news is really that great: yes, in terms of vaccine effectiveness. 90% efficacy is great. If none of the vaccinated patients advance to severe disease then that's even better news, obviously.

There's no bad news in this press release, but the safety profile is noticeably absent, as well as the kinetics of protection. Pfizer had previously reported quite a lot of serious adverse events, mainly headaches, chills, soreness etc. as well as some serious fevers. Regarding kinetics, that simply means we don't know how long after the first and second vaccination did protection occur, and how long does it last.

Lastly, Pfizer requires the vaccine to be maintained at -80C all the way to the point of care, which is absolutely crazy. There are almost certainly going to be more candidates announcing positive news (Astrazeneca, Moderna, J&J, and Novavax are the other leaders, with Moderna likely any day now), but efficacy is arguably the most important readout next to safety and Pfizer has set a high bar.

I mentioned them a couple times here, I think, but for those who like higher risk/reward, BioNTech is the company who developed the Pfizer vaccine. Much smaller company, but they stand to gain (and have gained so far) a lot more from this vaccine's success.

Looking forward, NVAX is probably the other COVID company I'm most excited about because their safety profile is much cleaner and their vector is much more traditional (and therefore, better understood).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
edit..and Fidelity issues cleared up. Missed buying LOW at low's watching it now. Told myself I'd stop trading but hard to walk away from days like today.

Yeah I'm waiting for tractor supply to dip into the 120's and hopefully buy some more. I also picked up some NFIN (Sarnith don't fail me) and have a order for BABA.

I thought today was supposed to be me paying off margin and taking a break?????? sigh haha.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I'm waiting for tractor supply to dip into the 120's and hopefully buy some more. I also picked up some NFIN (Sarnith don't fail me) and have a order for BABA.

I thought today was supposed to be me paying off margin and taking a break?????? sigh haha.
Due your own due diligence, but that being said take a look at GMHI if you want something that has potential to fly. its merging with Luminar technologies (a lidar company (used for autonomous vehicles)). I think it has potential and at this price its not a huge risk (trading around $10 a share). But as I said, do your own research.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Where is the Blazin Blazin fund?

That sounds like a whole lot of stress I don't need.

On another note, GLD and SLV are great examples of Technicals alone at times getting you in trouble due to event related moves. GLD was showing a clear break upwards from a bull flag and people poured in (probably rightly so, very strong tech set up) and now wake up to down 5% and the chart being a mess. When the market does this to you though you take a deep breath and be patient. The shorter the time frame the less it tells you about the real momentum, GLD has all week to fix this chart. It may prove to have been a false breakout. If it breaks down below $173 traders will probably stop out and reassess . (I don't personally trade commodities, but I do watch them)

With strong binary events I often look for the first move to be the wrong move, but you can't become overly attached to a view just trade the chart in front of you and keep an open mind to both better than expected and worse than expected outcomes. People are great at fearing worse than expected outcomes and they tend to miss out on a lot of better than expected outcomes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^^ With that said, some of the huge sell offs today in the stay at home market have already started correcting back up. ZM from $402 low at open back up to $440+.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got out of JPM and BA today with the sugar high. Will get back into JPM maybe when they get back down to their standard $98 they can’t seem to shake.

Moving more towards ETFs and less active trading overall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Vaccine news is great, but this definitely seems like a euphoric reaction. There's no way it's going to be widely available until next summer.
Lastly, Pfizer requires the vaccine to be maintained at -80C all the way to the point of care, which is absolutely crazy.
Time to invest in dry ice and specialty freezer manufacturers.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking stonks, man.

Posted a number in Politics earlier this morning, but now I think we've made about $24k this morning, and it's only 10am.

• 1Mother of God