Investing General Discussion

SeanDoe1z1

After looking at some of the more recent tech IPOs and their first earning report probably going to take a harder look at PLTR before Thursday.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After looking at some of the more recent tech IPOs and their first earning report probably going to take a harder look at PLTR before Thursday.
I posted their stuff back before it went public so you can search and find it here. Also here is a link. They dont make money right now and they need substantial growth in non-government customers for the non-government version of the software.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Or he’s just realistic. I mean, Pfizer specifically refused to take money from the government through operation warpspeed but that didn’t stop Trump from taking credit for this vaccine.

You’re a smart guy but sometimes your blind loyalty to Trump makes you say some stupid shit.

If I cared enough I'd dig up the money that Pfizer was promised, I think 100 million? for functional vaccine.

Come to the politics thread homie.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If I cared enough I'd dig up the money that Pfizer was promised, I think 100 million? for functional vaccine.

Come to the politics thread homie.
1.95 billion $$ for 100 million doses with an option for another 50 million doses.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biden still isn’t wrong. Even the British PM came on live TV to quell the hopium stating Pfizer would have very limited doses by year end (earliest) and that’s to be distributed amongst front line doctors and nurses. I seem to recall the 50m number used and that’s absolute nothing for world wide distribution. (Plus 2 doses are needed per person according to Pfizer)

Spring / Summer 2021 is really hopeful for mass availability, especially considering it needs peer review, longer term safety data, FDA approval etc.

Last edited:

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
1.95 billion $$ for 100 million doses with an option for another 50 million doses.

To be fair, that's just placing an order to call dibs once doses are available. I guess it's nice that the money came from OWS, but some US agency would have ended up paying to reserve doses regardless. I'm not aware of Pfizer receiving any actual OWS support, and they are even using their own distribution chain.

Regardless of politics, the Pfizer vaccine looks legit (with some caveats), but the truth is OWS had very little to do with the development of any of the candidates. The development was already in full swing before OWS was a concept since the COVID vaccine is such a prize for any vaccine developer, and OWS was more of a ceremonial way to plant a flag on the process. Besides the NIAID / Moderna marriage (which I think is mostly Fauci trying to establish his legacy) there doesn't seem to be a lot of direct government involvement in the process except that super early readouts are going to actually be used for an approval decision.

Any examples of traded companies that manufacture these types of freezers?

I see these:

• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
  • Blue Star Limited
  • Helmer Scientific
  • Vestfrost Solutions
  • Felix Storch, Inc.
  • Philipp Kirsch GmbH
  • Haier Biomedical
  • Follett LLC
  • PHC Holdings Corporation
  • LEC Medical
  • Zhongke Meiling Cryogenics Company Limited
  • Godrej
  • Panasonic
I see a lot of Panasonic and Thermo Fisher -80 freezers everywhere, but I don't know if they have a particular advantage when it comes to... keeping things cold. There is also a lot of inventory management software, sensor technology, and automation involved in the cold chain process. No idea what companies are involved there, however.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As I said in previous post, im not going down the politics rabbit hole in this thread. The market is a forward looking creature. It doesn't need 100% of the globe's population inoculated to get economies back to normal. This isn't Ebola. It needs those in high risk categories protected. Concerts/nightclubs and all those other businesses that cater to 20-somethings dont need vaccines. We dont need 6 billion doses of this in the next 6 months. Just having a working vaccine is the critical component for the market. Shitting on a vaccine because its politically expedient is horseshit in my opinion.

Personally, I am going to take full advantage of this insanity. We got to see how much of a price gap exists due to the vaccine before it got pissed on. That is a playable advantage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AMZN
EU Hits Amazon With Antitrust Charges and Opens New Probe on E-Commerce Practices -- Barrons.com
DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. 8:11 AM ET 11/10/2020
Symbol Last Price Change
AMZN 3143.74up 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 11/09/2020
The European Commission on Tuesday said it was bringing formal charges against Amazon(AMZN) for "illegally distorting competition" on the online retail market through its use of data on its platform's independent sellers. The watchdog separately started a second probe into the online retail giant's e-commerce practices.

Margrethe Vestager, the Commission vice president overseeing the EU's competition watchdog, said in a press conference that the accumulation of data from 800,000 vendors on more than a billion items fed directly into Amazon's(AMZN) algorithms and allowed the group to then focus on the bestselling items.

The decision comes after a nearly two-year formal probe on Amazon's(AMZN) "dual role" as a platform for third-party vendors and seller of its own goods. Vestager noted that Amazon(AMZN) had notably abused its dominant position in Germany and France, Europe's largest markets.

Vestager said Amazon(AMZN) was expected to respond to the European Union's decision in the coming weeks. In a release, published as she was speaking, the company said that it "disagreed with the preliminary assertions" of the Commission. The company "represents less than 1% of the global retail market, and there are larger retailers in every country in which [it operates]," it added.

The new probe launched by the Commission this week will focus on Amazon's(AMZN) "buy box" that pops up when customers are shopping on the internet, and its Prime subscription service. European authorities suspect Amazon(AMZN) of giving a preferred treatment on these two devices to the independent vendors that use its own logistics and delivery services, to the detriment of others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What were some of the best performing stay at home stocks? DOCU? ZOOM? PTON?

Hopefully they drop like a rock this week so I can buy some. The fall/winter COVID spike is going to send the market right back into their arms in my opinion.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Hopefully they drop like a rock this week so I can buy some. The fall/winter COVID spike is going to send the market right back into their arms in my opinion.
There were all crushed yesterday. I was seeing -20% on all of them I think

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DAL down 4% pre-market. Profit taking from the spike yesterday I am guessing. Just gotta keep it under $36

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR back over $15 pre-market.

edit: and now down 4%
Now down 8%. The profit taking in full swing.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
CCL was up to 21 in after hours but back down to 18, looks like the sugar rush on cruises is over too.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR back over $15 pre-market.

edit: and now down 4%
Now down 8%. The profit taking in full swing.
One thing to consider with PLTR. It had more than 6% of the float sold short before this ramp up. Odds are a good chunk of the run up was the short squeeze. This is why a move back down closer to the price target high of $13 should be expected.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There were all crushed yesterday. I was seeing -20% on all of them I think

ZM (Zoom) is being crushed. It is down over 200 per share in less than a month!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CCL was up to 21 in after hours but back down to 18, looks like the sugar rush on cruises is over too.

Share dilution tanks any stock.

Carnival PLC - Carnival Corporation Public Offering of Common Stock

Tue Nov 10 09:16:17 2020 EDT

Carnival Corporation Public Offering of Common Stock

MIAMI, Nov. 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) announce that following the completion on October 30, 2020 of the sale of 67.1million shares of Carnival Corporation common stock under its previous $1 billion "at-the-market" equity offering program, Carnival Corporation has filed a prospectus supplement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "Commission"). Under the prospectus supplement, Carnival Corporation may offer and sell shares of its common stock, through any of its Sales Agents (the "Shares"), having an aggregate offering price of up to $1.5 billion from time to time through an "at-the-market" equity offering program (the "New ATM Offering"). Carnival Corporation expects to use the net proceeds from sales of Shares under the New ATM Offering for general corporate purposes. The timing of any sales will depend on a variety of factors. J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC (the "Sales Agents") are acting as sales agents under the New ATM Offering. PJT Partners is serving as independent financial advisor to Carnival Corporation.

The New ATM Offering was registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, pursuant to a registration statement on Form S-3 (File Nos. 333-322555 and 333-332555-01) (the "Registration Statement") filed by Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc with the Commission on March 9, 2018. The terms of the New ATM Offering are described in the prospectus dated March 9, 2018, as supplemented by the prospectus supplement dated November 10, 2020.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nvidia down from 580 to 506, kinda suprised to see them and AMD down so much since they're not one of the 100% "stay at home" stocks. Anyone gonna buy in and at what price?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ZM (Zoom) is being crushed. It is down over 200 per share in less than a month!
Yeah, thats an ugly chart..

1605024266329.png