Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sold a put for PLTR 26.5 12/31 0.52 premium. PLTR is back on the menu boys!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BABA hit $221 but not enough to fill everything so my order didnt fill. I had the price and still got boned. Lets see if it retests it.

edit: retest and it failed the rest. $218 and falling.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
BFT snuck into the race, up 6% along with GHIV. The DM I bought yesterday is down about 10% though. GHIV also has a lot of option volume too and the premiums look good too

Aorin

Molten Core Raider
BFT snuck into the race, up 6% along with GHIV. The DM I bought yesterday is down about 10% though. GHIV also has a lot of option volume too and the premiums look good too

I bought BFTU back in August for $10.00 when Sanrith posted it..now I gotta figure out how greedy I want to be.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I bought BFTU back in August for $10.00 when Sanrith posted it..now I gotta figure out how greedy I want to be.

Its hasn't had any large downward movement yet, so you might be able to get away with setting a trailing stop loss at 10%. Everything is out the window on that if it goes parabolic though.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm a buy and hold guy, i don't pay attention enough to think i'll outpace the market. i buy a hand of stocks based on this thread and 1-2 other places.

but i heard an interesting statement that's challenging that, y'all probably already are familiar. for every stock you're holding, would spend the cash to buy it at that price? I forget the term, but that's the concept.

I have no intention of selling the majority of what i have. but there's a few stocks that I probably should have let go years ago.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a buy and hold guy, i don't pay attention enough to think i'll outpace the market. i buy a hand of stocks based on this thread and 1-2 other places.

but i heard an interesting statement that's challenging that, y'all probably already are familiar. for every stock you're holding, would spend the cash to buy it at that price? I forget the term, but that's the concept.

I have no intention of selling the majority of what i have. but there's a few stocks that I probably should have let go years ago.
In that case, if you don't already, you should look into ETF's/Indexs. Buy the SP500 and QQQ and set it and forget it.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
my 401k is over 10x my roth ira (learned about the latter way too late in life)

in my ira, it's about 70% etfs. so i'm not really hurting myself. but seeing PLTR, TSLA and TRIT at the top of my winners for the year inspires me and keeps me paying attention to this stuff. There's a few like XOM and ABBA that really haven't been worth holding for 2 years.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
my 401k is over 10x my roth ira (learned about the latter way too late in life)

in my ira, it's about 70% etfs. so i'm not really hurting myself. but seeing PLTR, TSLA and TRIT at the top of my winners for the year inspires me and keeps me paying attention to this stuff. There's a few like XOM and ABBA that really haven't been worth holding for 2 years.

401k being more valuable than your roth is pretty normal. Infact, I'd say it's hard for a smart investor to have a more valuable roth. That said, the roth has great uses. It's your emergency fund (Money in the bank is for grandpa), It can be used to make large purchases without a tax repercussions in a year, and it's a vehicle you can roll the 401k into in chunks on low income years to dodge taxes.

Use it right and you penny pinch the man. Every warm blooded american has a duty to avoid every tax that they can.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Yeah I just went through my self directed IRA account and put in sell limit orders on everything. I just asked myself, what would I be satisfied profit wise with these holdings? I know they are set now and I don't have to constantly watch them.

Last edited:

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Someone bought my TRIT calls for like a 22 strike price or some such. If it hits that and they get the shares, great, I way more than doubled my money anyways. The 800 or so dollars they gave me as premium is icing. This is for mid January. I'm seeing the huge difference in premiums offered on "meme" stocks vs. the old battleships like broadcom lol.

In other news, since i've been catching BABA falling knives since it was at 290, why stop now. Bought more BABA dip. Hands are already super bloody so...

edit: I thought about BABA options for a split second instead of more shares, but I don't think I really like that game. I like the ability to just hold forever instead of losing a bunch of money as a deadline gets closer. I still love covered calls and (once I do them, selling puts) , for when you make your mind up to sell a stock anyways (or inversely, buying a stock anyways at a certain price).

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sold Puts on BABA when it set higher low reversing off $215. I like this name and it's cheap compared to US big tech but China stuff gives me pause. Sold $180 strike though I think below $205 is unlikely near term.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sanrith and Blazin being risky betting on China, very risky indeed...

*buys more spacs*

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold Puts on BABA when it set higher low reversing off $215. I like this name and it's cheap compared to US big tech but China stuff gives me pause. Sold $180 strike though I think below $205 is unlikely near term.
$180 should be more than safe. I saw the absolute min around $190 or so. The trick with this news is its just "hey, we are going to take a look." It could easily be "ok, we found nothing" after Ma kisses Xi's ring. Its probably the only China stock I will own. And... If Ma makes nice with Xi and Xi allows the Ant IPO to finally go through... Boom.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone bought my TRIT calls for like a 22 strike price or some such. If it hits that and they get the shares, great, I way more than doubled my money anyways. The 800 or so dollars they gave me as premium is icing. This is for mid January. I'm seeing the huge difference in premiums offered on "meme" stocks vs. the old battleships like broadcom lol.

In other news, since i've been catching BABA falling knives since it was at 290, why stop now. Bought more BABA dip. Hands are already super bloody so...

edit: I thought about BABA options for a split second instead of more shares, but I don't think I really like that game. I like the ability to just hold forever instead of losing a bunch of money as a deadline gets closer. I still love covered calls and (once I do them, selling puts) , for when you make your mind up to sell a stock anyways (or inversely, buying a stock anyways at a certain price).
Either you got a truckload of TRIT stock or I am guessing you made a typo and 800 = 80? I was looking at 22.5 calls and they were in the 40-65 cent ranges near the day highs. I ended up holding off for now on anymore TRIT options until the volatility dies down a bit.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Either you got a truckload of TRIT stock or I am guessing you made a typo and 800 = 80? I was looking at 22.5 calls and they were in the 40-65 cent ranges near the day highs. I ended up holding off for now on anymore TRIT options until the volatility dies down a bit.

was going off memory, but its 10 contracts with a 20 strike and they paid 69 cents a share so about 700. Yeah not as good as my quick guestimate, but even if it hits 20 a share by mid January, ill be happy.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
was going off memory, but its 10 contracts with a 20 strike and they paid 69 cents a share so about 700. Yeah not as good as my quick guestimate, but even if it hits 20 a share by mid January, ill be happy.
Ok, you're right. I am just shocked you went in that heavy. Good job making that bank.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Nice. Doing the same with LCA which the merger with GNOG vote is set for next week. Also the NNDM 7.5 strike calls i got cheap for Feb are looking nicer and nicer.