Investing General Discussion

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is this what finally triggers the boogaloo? Hundreds of thousands of angry autists trying to buy gamestop and getting cucked as big money circles the wagons to lock them out?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Are people really dumping their life savings into this shit? I thought people were just doing this for funnies. I just dropped 1k in like it's a Vegas trip except I'm sitting my couch. This is like some good entertainment.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I sold AMC at +$40k.

womp womp. Can’t complain about 40 grand in a couple of days.

Assss promised, I said if I closed at least +$16k I’d give away $1000. Any idea the best way to randomize a winner, and make it so it’s public? Like, is there a website where you type in a list of names and it randomly picks one? I’ll see if there is, but if you know of one let me know.

Lets not spam the thread with that.

Please *PM* me to enter. At the close of market hours Friday will be the cutoff for entries. I will compile all names until then and find a hopefully public way to pick someone’s name.
Can do a charity and take a screenshot i guess?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No, shorts shouldn't be limited. Jfc

They should be allowed to run amok, then proper fucked when caught.
Shorts who are funds should have to report their short positions the same way they need to report their long positions. This should be a requirement.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good interview to watch. You can tell the distain that the CNBC commentator has for the average person in the way he asks his questions especially in part 2. Do these reddit people actually do research??? Jezus.

Pt 1:

Part 2:

Going to guess a lot of what you see on CNBC the person talking did zero research but is instead parroting what someone else is feeding to them. Could be a person with a short or selling a book or just run of the mill investment firm.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol fuck off. You are really well informed but not some fucking genius.

I know the damn issue, you prat. And for the first time in ever? the proles have actually moved to crush it.

As the market would expect.

Instead of letting it stabilize, create a moral hazard for massively shorting, faggot fucks like you in your tower with your piles of money want to fuck the 99%, "for their own good, of course"

Nah dude, fuck you.
Did you just call somebody a prat? You fag.

Alicia Silverstone Snob GIF

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I sold AMC at +$40k.

womp womp. Can’t complain about 40 grand in a couple of days.

Assss promised, I said if I closed at least +$16k I’d give away $1000. Any idea the best way to randomize a winner, and make it so it’s public? Like, is there a website where you type in a list of names and it randomly picks one? I’ll see if there is, but if you know of one let me know.

Lets not spam the thread with that.

Please *PM* me to enter. At the close of market hours Friday will be the cutoff for entries. I will compile all names until then and find a hopefully public way to pick someone’s name.

Buy me a laptop. I invested all my money in bullets instead of stonks.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone posted on another forum a screenshot from the reddit sub very very early on. I thought about dropping a little in, but didn't. Oh well. Pretty sure it was before it was posted here. The person that posted it was still asking questions about how it would work and such.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Blazin is pointing out what may be the eventual end game. When it i is really over, and it's time to sell, markets may lock us out. Back in the 80s, brokers just didn't answer their phones, people were stuck holding while everything crashed.

I'm in for less an $100, totally ok with the risk. Anyone putting in sizeable amount compared to your net worth should identify pull-out points
This is the problem with small trader apps. They will experience "outages" at "critical times". Ask anyone using RH about last March. They were down a ton at some really bad times. The advantage of using big trading firms is they are less likely to pull that fuckery.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how that is remotely legal.

I really don't.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Wow, RH just cancelled my small new buy orders from last night prior to them making it "unsupported". Fuck them right in the ass.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users