Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its interesting having FTEC and QQQ near each other on my watchlist. I can know how the Comm sector (GOOG, FB, TWTR, T etc) are doing just buy comparing them. If Comm is up, QQQ > FTEC, if COMM is down, FTEC > QQQ

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
why would RH draw down lines of credit if they were restricting trading to help hedge funds? or is that fake news?

I think there are certainly multiple angles/narratives/storylines to this fiasco, but I forget some of you guys believe in QAnon so you would believe anything...

Its not either or. It’s both and more.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Not telling people what to do with them (AMC & GME) but them stalling out is not a good sign. With these moves they feed on momentum, when that momentum is lost the fade is likely to begin and they won't recapture the fervor they had. I think because of the overall attitude of HOLD because it's believed to be hurting "them" they may not just fall off a cliff but rather just slowly bleed lower and lower as people grow bored of it and move onto other things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And to add fuel to the fire, the same time half the brokers were putting on the breaks, you had all the talking heads in the media talking about how evil and wrong it is what the WSB/Robinhooders are doing. Of course they're going to think it was targeted after you paint them as market manipulators. The PR across the boards on this thing has been a joke

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not telling people what to do with them (AMC & GME) but them stalling out is not a good sign. With these moves they feed on momentum, when that momentum is lost the fade is likely to begin and they won't recapture the fervor they had. I think because of the overall attitude of HOLD because it's believed to be hurting "them" they may not just fall off a cliff but rather just slowly bleed lower and lower as people grow bored of it and move onto other things.
I'll say this another way. If you are green in AMC/GME get the fuck out. If you are red... well a little red is better than an ocean of red.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It is fitting, the instrument (RH) that got them in this mess is the same instrument they used to mitigate it and escape.

edit autocorrect

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
At what point does WSB become the short seller lol? I think I'm a little too timid to try to catch a falling knife, but it's an easy 70% gain when this thing does fall if you short it at the right time.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You think the lag time on people moving their assets out of RH is also having an affect? We'll probably see a 2nd rally next week once all the funds are transferred over

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Agreed.

There's going to be a bloodbath if a bunch of people expecting today to be "the day" start selling.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin Blazin I'm torn if we retest today's low. I forgot about the short expiry on SPY, but damn it sucks a lot of cash for me to play it. Gotta look to see if there might be a better use for the cash. 35k a contract is ass ravaging.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They'll be able to make a reboot of Swordfish except instead of government bank accounts they'll be hacking some dude who had GME from 10 years ago and forgot all about it

• 1Worf

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
This is going to become a test of wills between the diamond hands and the newly educated retail shorters I have a feeling.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I sold half my AMC, 40% profit. Will hold my remaining 11 shares through next week. 1st time I've sold a stock in probably 15 years

• 1Like