Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Congrats to the winner!

I know a lady who raised two kids herself (husband was trash, cheated and abandoned them) working low paying jobs. One kid in the army the other on a full navy/marine scholarship in Maine currently. She raised good kids alone and is the kindest sweetest woman. I made out well this week and I'm gonna give her 1k cash as a gift in the spirit of this!

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 12 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Buy
What the fuck. I paid twice and it rejected it twice but it worked twice? Shit

Okay, well it looks like we have a winner on that one!

#1: 19. Jysin
#2: 36. Daezuel

I demand a recount and an audit

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 10 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Congrats to the winner!

I know a lady who raised two kids herself (husband was trash, cheated and abandoned them) working low paying jobs. One kid in the army the other on a full navy/marine scholarship in Maine currently. She raised good kids alone and is the kindest sweetest woman. I made out well this week and I'm gonna give her 1k cash as a gift in the spirit of this!
I told my wife I made $200 profit on the AMC-fest and split it with her by giving her $100. Even though I made more like $1200 profit. Is that the same thing?

Seriously though, awesome move.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Ah man, that's very nice of them to look out for the people to make sure nobody gets hurt by the stock market.

just a prank bro.png

• 4WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That is really fucked up. Goodbye stock market if we just get do overs when the the house doesn’t win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait, they're seriously gonna treat this like the retail investors are the bad guys?

We sure about this? Cause that's very off-brand for Warren.

I expected this to be one time in 2021 when the Democrats could be counted on to be on the right side of something, but it might just be AOC.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a feeling that's just a stupid tweet and the article doesn't say it at all. Based on her memo, that's not what she's asking. But she's definitely not "sticking up for retail investors," either.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Ah man, that's very nice of them to look out for the people to make sure nobody gets hurt by the stock market.

View attachment 331979
I have a feeling that's just a stupid tweet and the article doesn't say it at all. Based on her memo, that's not what she's asking.

Yes. Article says nothing of the sort.

• 1Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Yes. Article says nothing of the sort.

Yeah it isn't. But in a situation like this, I would fully expect them to implement some sort of regulation to prevent a similar scenario in the future. Only to protect the average person of course (who will not be able to make trades like this anymore) and have the stock market better reflect the actual economy.
Bankers will easily find a way around this though as they always do.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If this administration so early on wants to start drawing lines against the everyday people involved in this we will see a recall election for president happen some how.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
After paying February's bills I've got $480 left in the budget for this/next week to play around with on stonking. I could throw another $100 into Gamestop whenever it dips, and hang onto the rest until I do some more research. Thinking BTC if it dips below 30k, maybe some Palantir, hard to tell if that's riding a wave currently or consistently going up. Another possibility is Ethereum, which I've got zero of now. Also looking at Dash.

I put extra money here sometimes: Cadence | Exclusive Alternative Investing Opportunities

• 1Like