Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are silver bros doing?

1612451640117.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I feel now is the time for my absolute favorite WSB meme.

1612451930739.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
How are silver bros doing?

View attachment 333011

Never buy PMs to flip. They’re long term investments. PMs move in slow somewhat unpredictable cycles. Only buy as a fraction of your overall portfolio. Silver has a good prognosis for the next 20 years due to ever increasing industrial demand. Gold I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole.

I bought $25,000 worth of physical silver right before the rush which comprises <5 percent of liquid I have.

• 1EyeRoll

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Expect to buy and hold it if you buy it. It will likely go up short term but it may well not. Unless it shoots up $20 an ounce or something I’ll be holding mine long term as an overall investment and not a flip.

For all we know all of this weirdness could cause someone to open the floodgates on physical silver and actually DROP the cost short term. Anyone who isn’t willing to hold 10-20 years will be fucked.

I would caution anyone who doesn’t want their money tied up for possibly years to avoid.

Predicted this on Sunday.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So an article this morning that the major chinese newspaper left out Jack Ma from a list of the most influential chinese business men
Hard to be influential when you’re breaking rocks in a labor camp.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yikes, GME down in the $60's. Honestly WSB just feels sad right now. People doubling and tripling down.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yikes, GME down in the $60's. Honestly WSB just feels sad right now. People doubling and tripling down.
It's just like Blazin said earlier, now that the cat is out of the bag, the wall street traders have adjusted and are probably milking the shit out of them.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

It’s absolutely become cult-esque amongst millions of people new to trading who hopped on the social media hype. Reading the comments on various sites, it’s clear a plurality of people still holding aren’t well educated in personal finance, let alone the stock market, and frankly, many don’t seem to be particularly well educated at all.

It’s the same type of people who buy into multi level marketing and the like. They still think the “shorts” are destroying the shares down. This horseshit has crawled into everything. Everywhere I used to read for trending information is crawling with these retards talking about short squeezing every stock as if that’s a thing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, things like this keep the momentum of "feels" buying going.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
There are multiple layers - the OGs who were in early and took profits early(and/or jumped back in), the ones who came late for profits, the ones who joined in to say "fuck you" to wall street, the other funds and professionals jumping in the mix all throughout.

the younger crowd seems to be taking a more philosophical approach (as are the uneducated investors)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its a crime that they don't teach finance in high school, even basic shit like your IRA. I only had one teacher in my entire learning career mention IRA's and it was my 9th grade science teacher FFS.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It’s absolutely become cult-esque amongst millions of people new to trading who hopped on the social media hype. Reading the comments on various sites, it’s clear a plurality of people still holding aren’t well educated in personal finance, let alone the stock market, and frankly, many don’t seem to be particularly well educated at all.

It’s the same type of people who buy into multi level marketing and the like. They still think the “shorts” are destroying the shares down. This horseshit has crawled into everything. Everywhere I used to read for trending information is crawling with these retards talking about short squeezing every stock as if that’s a thing.
barnumbaileyusefulidiotmeme.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't understand why they wouldn't get that the hedge that's shorting wouldn't also buy and sell on the way up/down to cover their shorts. If retards on Reddit can get rich, why couldn't the hedges use that same concept to cut their losses? And better, short on the way down from $400 and make a killing.

Best of all, their bankroll is WAY higher than some 20 year old, so they can float it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, things like this keep the momentum of "feels" buying going.

What a dumbass. $700k loss on all the meme stocks and still hasn’t learned his lesson.

meanwhile Gravel Gravel lost $500 and he’s on suicide watch.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users