Investing General Discussion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One year is kind of a crappy timeline for equities. It's short enough that you can absolutely get stuck in a poor market timing event. Not sure what CD rates are looking like, my guess is bad, since interest rates are so low, but maybe you can find something decent.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What I will need is monthly withdrawals from these funds. First year will be about 3.5-3.8k a month. Second year will be about 6.3k-6.5k a month and third year I will need to pay 8.5k-9k a month. The money is already set aside for this but having it all in cash blows cock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What I will need is monthly withdrawals from these funds. First year will be about 3.5-3.8k a month. Second year will be about 6.3k-6.5k a month and third year I will need to pay 8.5k-9k a month. The money is already set aside for this but having it all in cash blows cock.

this sounds like a retirement or income pool of money. i'd suggest inflation protected bonds or some shit

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I need to park 230k somewhere for 3 years. First year I will need ~45k of that, second year will be ~80k and third year will be the rest. Boomer folio of dividends?
There will always be risk with equities. That being said. There are some extremely low beta dividend aristocrats that can be considered, or even a low beta ETF like JEPI.

There is also ETFs like HDV or perhaps PFF. Find the ETFs with extremely low beta companies (PFF uses preferred stock ownership instruments). Your return is looking to be in the 3-5% range but they have a "decent" semblance of capital preservation.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Split between Dogecoin, AMC, and GME obviously. Put that shit to work!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Split between Dogecoin, AMC, and GME obviously. Put that shit to work!

Fried Chicken Eating GIF by Alnowair

• 1Tendies

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I’m going diamond hands on this bad boy. Went in for an extra 3 million the other day before Biden announcing the pillaging of returns. What better what than hide it in penny stocks?

Attachments

• 0ECEA60A-1033-4522-9E19-F0A5281379B7.png
    0ECEA60A-1033-4522-9E19-F0A5281379B7.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 1Tendies

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I’m banking on them getting some cash out of the Phillip Morris lawsuit. Just need the spike be big enough to jump to 0.5 a share and I’m handing out dogecoin out randomly. It’s a long play but I think 10k investment for a 65% chance of getting something is worth it. They just reopened their store on Amazon too.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even though he is referring to SPAC investing, there is wisdom in his words for all investors..

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So I actually bought Nokia stock AFTER the whole crazyness around it and now I'm 12% plus despite it all. Do I cash out now and invest into a boomer stock I don't really need to pay attention to?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
hcmc up almost 40%
It wont feel too much downward pressure until the SEC approves their new massive printing of new shares, then it should get dumped on again. So you have a few weeks of somewhat safety or so. When the company is willing to print 100m+ in shares on a regular basis, they're basically just milking the inflows.

TBH, what I'd do in their position. Free money is free money. People thinking long term are the ones who will get burned.

• 1Like