Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speculative tech is really not looking good. Warned about PLTR chart for a bit now looks poised to lose support levels. Many names daily charts starting too look ugly. ZG, DOCU, PLTR etc. More and more of them are losing their 200d ma's and are clearly trapped in downtrends with rallies setting lower highs.

Sanrith mentioned before about the ARKK basket of goods flaming out, if we see a complete collapse in these names then ARKK would be in serious trouble. While I believe Cathie is in these names for the long haul 5-10 yrs min. her average investor is not. THey were part of the speculative gambling crowd which gave her tons of money to work with. If they abandon her she will be forced to sell these illiquid names against her will to meet redemptions.

If this happens the best of them should be bought that doesnt mean they will ever go back to the valuations they had back in January.

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Speculative tech is really not looking good. Warned about PLTR chart for a bit now looks poised to lose support levels. Many names daily charts starting too look ugly. ZG, DOCU, PLTR etc. More and more of them are losing their 200d ma's and are clearly trapped in downtrends with rallies setting lower highs.

Sanrith mentioned before about the ARKK basket of goods flaming out, if we see a complete collapse in these names then ARKK would be in serious trouble. While I believe Cathie is in these names for the long haul 5-10 yrs min. her average investor is not. THey were part of the speculative gambling crowd which gave her tons of money to work with. If they abandon her she will be forced to sell these illiquid names against her will to meet redemptions.

If this happens the best of them should be bought that doesnt mean they will ever go back to the valuations they had back in January.

Time for me to gtfo of PLTR then.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am in PLTR since day 1, minute 1. The fact that Alex Carp is anti-liberal means I consider this company a unicorn. I will ride her down if need be. I am still up over 100% so its all good for me.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ARKK basket of holdings. Find the good ones and look for a fire sale plunge downward if Cathy gets crushed with redemptions and is forced to sell large blocks. Might be some bargains on a spike downward for one or two of them.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I am in PLTR since day 1, minute 1. The fact that Alex Carp is anti-liberal means I consider this company a unicorn. I will ride her down if need be. I am still up over 100% so its all good for me.

And you know I was right there buying sub $10. But even then I knew I was grossly over paying. PLTR needs hyper growth to build into a higher valuation. These high PE names are increasingly taking a back seat to companies who sell "THINGS" . Commodities have underperformed for so long its going to take people time to fully realize how far the pendulum had swung towards non asset based companies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Bought 100 shares of Sunoco a couple months ago. Nice boomer stock that's up 14% since I got it and retains it's juicy 9% dividend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Really some amazing logic. If evicting people is dangerous to public health, why are people allowed to buy and rent new places?

Now how long before its stayed though?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For good or ill, my COIN order popped and I am now the proud owner of the keeper of the coin.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MRNA / PFE getting hit hard with talk of removing patent restrictions on covid vaccines for worldwide use.

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And you know I was right there buying sub $10. But even then I knew I was grossly over paying. PLTR needs hyper growth to build into a higher valuation. These high PE names are increasingly taking a back seat to companies who sell "THINGS" . Commodities have underperformed for so long its going to take people time to fully realize how far the pendulum had swung towards non asset based companies.
but but but Peter Thiel

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

with the size of these treadmills and there being 125,000 of them out in the wild I don't even know how they accomplish this recall without bankrupting the company. It's not like they have service centers everywhere. Just really got to hope that the fucking weirdo karrens that buy this dumb shit say fuck it and don't participate, but the people who'd buy something like this seems like the same demographic to take a recall like this seriously (instead of just making sure their child stays away from it).

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
with the size of these treadmills and there being 125,000 of them out in the wild I don't even know how they accomplish this recall without bankrupting the company. It's not like they have service centers everywhere. Just really got to hope that the fucking weirdo karrens that buy this dumb shit say fuck it and don't participate, but the people who'd buy something like this seems like the same demographic to take a recall like this seriously (instead of just making sure their child stays away from it).
I just need this shitty stock to stay above $65 on Friday for the options I sold to expire worthless.