Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Doing a critical analysis of my trades last year, my biggest failing was not trusting my initial analysis. It can be stressed enough that emotions have no place in investing. Do your analysis, pick your targets and prices and (this is the most important part) unless something fundamentally changes after you make the purchase, trust your judgement.

CVS, STX, JPM, CAT, UNH, TSLA, XOM, INTC, BRKB

All of those stocks I misplayed horribly last year. A lot of money I left on the table. Trust your first instincts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
AMC +30%
Fucking apes.
9B836070-4885-4679-A9E2-D91FC9698855.jpeg

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Volume all things considered is below average for AMC, guess a lot holding on for the ride.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Volume all things considered is below average for AMC, guess a lot holding on for the ride.

I think volume is the one thing I haven't really gotten a handle on w my charting.

Low volume w big swings is institutional whereas high volume is consumer driven?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Whoever the hell sold all those 70$ calls expiring friday is probably shitting their pants.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Whoever the hell sold all those 70$ calls expiring friday is probably shitting their pants.
not an ape

$61 right now - ran into a monsoon of limit sell orders at $60 it seems

Tmac Tmac volume is simply total shares traded. you'd have to look at the orders in more detail to discern retail vs. institutional

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
lol AMC 61.72 and halted on the move up. Insane

Opens with red candles, halted down at 51.34

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, that shot up out of fucking nowhere. I would've almost quadrupled my money now...fucking thing.

• 3Paper Hands
Reactions: 2 users