Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bailed on Apple until the dust clears. Its a better short than long at this point.
I will ride my AAPL until I die. It's not leaving my portfolio. It hits the 100 DMA and I will add. Same with MSFT.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I will ride my AAPL until I die. It's not leaving my portfolio. It hits the 100 DMA and I will add. Same with MSFT.

seems crazy to me considering china, our enemy, could kill the company tomorrow

apple doesn't have a plan b, no other cheap labor country has the infrastructure and organized manpower to even come close to meeting their demand

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My March bet finally paying off...
1631301722000.png

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Tendies

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
seems crazy to me considering china, our enemy, could kill the company tomorrow

apple doesn't have a plan b, no other cheap labor country has the infrastructure and organized manpower to even come close to meeting their demand
They need to do like samsung when they moved galaxy production to India

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Starting to think inflation has to be running away, when two years ago, I replaced a big truck engine for 10k, and this year its 33k used. Covid shortage, they tell me.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
That's not the issue, they sell a ton of phones in China.

Their Chinese marketspace, which is important, pales in comparison to their product prices increasing by many multiples if china tells them to go fuck off (assuming they can magically resume production immediately elsewhere, which they can't). Three million fucking Chinese work on apple products, THREE MILLION!

Recreating the infrastructure to support that labor pool in any other country should have started over half a decade ago when china was cucking apple right after jinping came to power.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Starting to think inflation has to be running away, when two years ago, I replaced a big truck engine for 10k, and this year its 33k used. Covid shortage, they tell me.
Just imagine the reaction if they came out and admitted the real inflation numbers. Every"economist" who isn't calling this out is a stooge piece of shit.

Guy I know with an economics degree tried to tell me my house increasing in value by 200%+ in a few is merely appreciation. These people are utterly lost. Fucking 16 year old truck posted for $24000!

tempFileForShare_20210910-133606.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Their Chinese marketspace, which is important, pales in comparison to their product prices increasing by many multiples if china tells them to go fuck off (assuming they can magically resume production immediately elsewhere, which they can't). Three million fucking Chinese work on apple products, THREE MILLION!

Recreating the infrastructure to support that labor pool in any other country should have started over half a decade ago when china was cucking apple right after jinping came to power.
I revise my previous statement.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just imagine the reaction if they came out and admitted the real inflation numbers. Every"economist" who isn't calling this out is a stooge piece of shit.

Guy I know with an economics degree tried to tell me my house increasing in value by 200%+ in a few is merely appreciation. These people are utterly lost. Fucking 16 year old truck posted for $24000!

View attachment 372030
Not just in the US. Here in the UK, I bought a 2016 Land Rover back in 2019. Since then I’ve doubled the mileage and I get a WeBuyAnyCar quote value of about 10% over what I paid for it. Hell knows if I actually sold it myself.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Went into a meeting after lunch and things was green. Come back to my desk a few minutes ago and...

ew throw up GIF

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not just in the US. Here in the UK, I bought a 2016 Land Rover back in 2019. Since then I’ve doubled the mileage and I get a WeBuyAnyCar quote value of about 10% over what I paid for it. Hell knows if I actually sold it myself.
I understand that chip shortage is causing used cars to soar. But these are old school, heavy duty engines with very little electronics. There's no chip shortage involved. Two years ago, a new engine was 10k, and now its 40k and you can't find it.

• 2Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, these home prices are ridiculous, mine has doubled in the last three years. If I was moving to the area, I wouldn't want to live in this house now.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 372030
it is a Toyota though

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, these home prices are ridiculous, mine has doubled in the last three years. If I was moving to the area, I wouldn't want to live in this house now.
I can't remember who said it in the Home Buying thread but someone else was buying new construction and it had appreciated a significant amount before they even moved in.

Same here. We're paying a good 15% more than they were selling for in April/May, and just 6 weeks after we signed our offer, they're selling for 10% more than we paid. It's pretty insane. We had some remorse that we overpaid with our offer since it was so much higher than months earlier, but as things have continued to increase it seems like we got a deal now.

20-30 year old homes with old finishes and crappy floorplans are selling for what we offered a month ago.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember who said it in the Home Buying thread but someone else was buying new construction and it had appreciated a significant amount before they even moved in.

Same here. We're paying a good 15% more than they were selling for in April/May, and just 6 weeks after we signed our offer, they're selling for 10% more than we paid. It's pretty insane. We had some remorse that we overpaid with our offer since it was so much higher than months earlier, but as things have continued to increase it seems like we got a deal now.

20-30 year old homes with old finishes and crappy floorplans are selling for what we offered a month ago.
*appreciated a significant amount before construction even struck ground.

For me, it's a solid 25% increase so far and I bought it in February.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

My parents' 3,500 square foot house in Austin, TX is selling for over 2M now. Austin's prices are going nuts.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like