Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since I know you guys have a thing for cramer lately, if he keeps this up hes going to get 2 opinions to the back of the head soon.(2nd half of the video concerning Xi)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sliced my hand pretty good at Walmart this morning on broken glass left on top of the freaking bread. Now as a shareholder, I feel conflicted with how upset to be. :) Stock is slightly red today so that may be a result of the large reserve they are setting aside figuring I'm going to file a claim against them.

More basing for market, we are likely to sit right on that resistance going into the minutes for maximum shenanigan's

• 1WTF

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I cannot imagine unironically following Cramer’s investment advice. Poster child for passive investment right there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I cannot imagine unironically following Cramer’s investment advice. Poster child for passive investment right there.
Like anything I listen to what he says and process it. But I also read Zero Hedge. I like input from all different sources.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sliced my hand pretty good at Walmart this morning on broken glass left on top of the freaking bread. Now as a shareholder, I feel conflicted with how upset to be. :) Stock is slightly red today so that may be a result of the large reserve they are setting aside figuring I'm going to file a claim against them.

More basing for market, we are likely to sit right on that resistance going into the minutes for maximum shenanigan's
Damn.

ps.. WMT got a couple of upgrades today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Full Disclosure: I put an order in to buy FB at $338. What can I say, I am a whore. I still wont buy GOOG or TWTR but I have made money 3x on FB and I am not only a whore but I'm a greedy whore.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If the FED minutes come out with stronger than expected taper talk, today could prove to be an epic rug pull.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

When I first read this I honestly thought it was some snarky way of saying you lost money trading Walmart stonks.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Listen to what he says, everything he says is code for a trade. You start to understand what he's saying when you sub. Like he made me 4% the last few days with his shorts.

There's the stuff he says on TV, and then there's the better stuff on actionalerts.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Slow

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ASTR

So ever since their launch "failure" i've been building a good sized position in astr and keep adding as it moves downward. I gotta say, I was really impressed with that failure. Their rocket didn't explode. When one of the engines didn't fire and it started to tilt, like we see spacex rockets do, it righted itself with it's working engines and then proceeded with the mission. It didn't have enough oomf to get to orbit with just the 4/5 engines, so it was a failure, but what I saw was pretty cool.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Launch Fail

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We aren't quite there yet, but DAL just tapped nearly to the penny a convergence of decending macro trend line resistance and the long established ~41.72 pivot.

This will take some news catalyst and volume to break out, but keep this name on watch. A clear break and hold of this level will likely trigger a nice swing trade opportunity. We have a clear decline in covid infections as well as US just reopening the doors to the UK (and some others) tourism. We have plenty of reasons for a breakout, but need some alignment with overall market sentiment.

I am super cautious buying breakouts in this market. The play for me has been accumulating the lower channel resistance over the last month(s).

Keep an eye on this one. It has room to run provided some stars align.

DAL.JPG
covid.JPG

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We aren't quite there yet, but DAL just tapped nearly to the penny a convergence of decending macro trend line resistance and the long established ~41.72 pivot.

This will take some news catalyst and volume to break out, but keep this name on watch. A clear break and hold of this level will likely trigger a nice swing trade opportunity. We have a clear decline in covid infections as well as US just reopening the doors to the UK (and some others) tourism. We have plenty of reasons for a breakout, but need some alignment with overall market sentiment.

I am super cautious buying breakouts in this market. The play for me has been accumulating the lower channel resistance over the last month(s).

Keep an eye on this one. It has room to run provided some stars align.

View attachment 373851View attachment 373850
been eyeing that stuff real close the last two days. Just anxious about buying during a Fed meeting.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not advocating buying here hoping for a breakout, you've a far higher risk of a loss buying into double resistance. I actually sold 1/3 of my DAL position into this level, expecting it to drift back lower and refill my position. (This is called trading a range). If / when we clear and confirm that level, I am happy to load back up. Otherwise, just happy trading in this clearly defined channel.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am not advocating buying here hoping for a breakout, you've a far higher risk of a loss buying into double resistance. I actually sold 1/3 of my DAL position into this level, expecting it to drift back lower and refill my position. (This is called trading a range). If / when we clear and confirm that level, I am happy to load back up. Otherwise, just happy trading in this clearly defined channel.
Thanks for the book recommendations, by the way. Trading in the Zone has helped me to be more fluid. I used to get stuck and eat a loss, rather than switch from long to short (and vica versa).

Not in any trades right now until we see what's up with the Fed. As I see it, if we get a solid date on tapering, or the dot numbers increase, or move up, the market won't like it.

Thoughts?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Market will lose its shit with the senate debt ceiling fiasco that is inevitable. I dont expect anything to hold until after this moment.
If Senate republicans default (I cant think of anything they want to trade for this time, before they wanted wall funding) we can expect some big movements.

Price action is nothing but scalpers and day traders at the moment.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just sold my NCLH calls when it briefly got over 26, figured with the choppyness and fed meeting coming in, profit is profit, got about 15% out of it.

• 4Tendies
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Market will lose its shit with the senate debt ceiling fiasco that is inevitable. I dont expect anything to hold until after this moment.
If Senate republicans default (I cant think of anything they want to trade for this time, before they wanted wall funding) we can expect some big movements.

Price action is nothing but scalpers and day traders at the moment.
There won't be a default. There may be a shutdown of some Fed services and jobs but it gets resolved before default.

• 1Truth!