Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You wear a bowtie on TV?
patrick dempsey bowtie GIF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, speaking as someone who tried the Cramer paid program on a recomendation and someone who is a semi-literate investor, here is my two cents. The biggest value I got from subscribing is seeing his takes on stocks I hadn't considered. I run two companies so my time to analyze info for investing can be limited. Seeing Cramer having WYNN and MA (among others) in his portfolio made me interested and I read his research. Because I have been long V for a while I hadn't really considered MA since I had V. His research was enough for me to give MA a shot as well. We all know what happened with WYNN. I was up nearly 20% before the CCP fiasco. Again after reading his research.

That is how I view his service. I am buying research. I almost never day trade and rarely swing trade. For $250 for a year, it has paid for itself already strictly from the research perspective. Ultimately I still make my own decisions. For example I opted against UPS and went with FDX. The double earnings and half the PE was a seller for me.

Your mileage may vary. Please drive up to the next window.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How 'bout that CRM boys.
I sold all of it when it spiked to $274 on earnings, took 100% of the profits and bought back in between $250 and $260 a couple weeks ago. I am 100% profits on CRM now.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
For $250 for a year, it has paid for itself already strictly from the research perspective.
I get more from the trades he hints he'd make...and he's paid for himself many times over already in those. The research does help.

But according to Blazin, no one listening to Cramer will ever be successful. I forgot how condescending people used to be on this board.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about we get back on track, this is an investing thread. Somehow this thread got derailed. If you think Cramer sucks, send me a PM, but don't shit up the thread.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I get more from the trades he hints he'd make...and he's paid for himself many times over already in those. The research does help.

But according to Blazin, no one listening to Cramer will ever be successful. I forgot how condescending people used to be on this board.
I wouldn't take what Blazin Blazin said the way you are taking it. I have grown accustomed to his style of posting. The two of you post in nearly opposite styles. My take is he is saying what I am saying in a different manner. As long as you (me, or anyone else) gets something out of Cramer and/or his paid service that is the only thing that matters.

And believe me this is nothing. You should go back and read his posts to those of us partaking during the SPAC craze. Especially Fogel Fogel and myself. :)

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How about we get back on track, this is an investing thread. Somehow this thread got derailed. If you think Cramer sucks, send me a PM, but don't shit up the thread.
On that note, those industrials I was grabbing at support levels be printing money the last couple of days.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't take what Blazin Blazin said the way you are taking it. I have grown accustomed to his style of posting. The two of you post in nearly opposite styles. My take is he is saying what I am saying in a different manner. As long as you (me, or anyone else) gets something out of Cramer and/or his paid service that is the only thing that matters.

And believe me this is nothing. You should go back and read his posts to those of us partaking during the SPAC craze. Especially Fogel Fogel and myself. :)
Oh, I disagree with Cramer, but at least he gives me a framework to agree or disagree. Like when he had us buy DIS, then sell it, then buy it higher. Or when he told us to sell NKE and it went up another 20 points.

You try to learn here and there, but you can't just copy anyone blindly. Like today, Cramer was talking about cutting CCI and DD, and I'm not sure I'm following.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For example I opted against UPS and went with FDX. The double earnings and half the PE was a seller for me.
Their quarterly earnings were drilled by $450m due to labor struggles alone(I know, all the carriers are dealing with a tight labor market), but they've had to reroute over 600,000 packages due to labor shortages. They're going to get fucking clobbered during peak.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Both men are extremely knowledgeable, one has the tools for out performance the other doesn't. Cramer won't be horrible though as he is predominantly an optimist he knows to default to up and to the right. And that means he'll still be on the right side of the trade often enough.

Da fuq. Jesus. And now with personal attacks.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Their quarterly earnings were drilled by $450m due to labor struggles alone(I know, all the carriers are dealing with a tight labor market), but they've had to reroute over 600,000 packages due to labor shortages. They're going to get fucking clobbered during peak.
My thought is though that so is UPS and everyone else this earnings season. Its inevitable unless you are a no-employee tech company. This way FDX by reporting it first gets it out of the way. Even with their higher labor rates their EPS is amazing. Thats why I took the gamble on them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My thought is though that so is UPS and everyone else this earnings season. Its inevitable unless you are a no-employee tech company. This way FDX by reporting it first gets it out of the way. Even with their higher labor rates their EPS is amazing. Thats why I took the gamble on them.
I mean, if you are deadset on having one of the major carriers in your portfolio, I get your reasoning. But, if you want to invest in the "shipping" space, I'd honestly look to regional carriers for investment. ALL of the major carriers(USPS, FEDEX, UPS) have capped capacities for people not named Walmart and Amazon (and have even done it for them), so companies will be looking at regionals to fill in the gaps.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
yea, I linked that WSJ article this morning.

Repost:
Most folks that post here regularly are probably prepared for this sort of thing, but I do think its possible that this develops into a Black Swan type event. What kind of knock on effects will this have? Can it be contained, and if not, how does China pivot from here? Do they roll out digital Yuan sooner rather than later? If so, how does that effect western markets?

I do tend towards perma-bear on traditional markets though, FWIW. I'm just interested to see how this plays out with supply lines are strained as they are, could this be the event that cascades things, or do we keep going up and right forever?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sell off over done at this point?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean, if you are deadset on having one of the major carriers in your portfolio, I get your reasoning. But, if you want to invest in the "shipping" space, I'd honestly look to regional carriers for investment. ALL of the major carriers(USPS, FEDEX, UPS) have capped capacities for people not named Walmart and Amazon (and have even done it for them), so companies will be looking at regionals to fill in the gaps.
Honestly, UPS/FDX weren't high on my radar but I am always keen to deep dive a blue chip that gets oversold on an earnings report or some other non-fatal announcement. I have a real solid track record on those types of stocks. When I saw FDX get slammed, it has double digit EPS, PE in the low teens and is 28% down from a 52-high so I took a bite. I see the labore cost issue and not a FDX issue but a market issue and thus their competitors will also have it and then end result will be price increases to compensate across the industry. Or that is my take.

• 1Like