Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been on the sideline mostly since all of last week and today. Waiting for a confirmation upward instead of trying to catch a falling knife at this point

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think they call this the Blazin Blazin flag

1633386879541.png

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I sold my Facebook stock today...their own research shows they cause up to 5% of hate and 6% of suicide in teenage girls? Yuck. That's not good for business, or my portfolio. Been a long time shareholder, but I'm out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I sold my Facebook stock today...their own research shows they cause up to 5% of hate and 6% of suicide in teenage girls? Yuck. That's not good for business, or my portfolio. Been a long time shareholder, but I'm out.

Wow Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes supporting confirmed killers.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Goldman Sachs says airline stocks will plummet if gas stays this high. So be wary. I may not be playing JETS as much as I have.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shorts are feasting, it's just too easy to make money shorting right now.

"Citadel’s multistrategy flagship fund Wellington gained 7.8% in September, bringing its year-to-date performance to 18.5%, according to a person familiar with the returns."

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone ever had a price show on their dashboard that never happened? It's weird. JETS is showing I bought at 25.2, and I haven't bought it in the 25s yet. Doesn't show in my history, just in my dashboard.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Commodity related margin calls so far are no where even close to the level of the Texas ERCOT debacle from March. Things could ramp up but if you read the internet you'd think it was exactly the same, and it's just not... yet...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Goldman Sachs says airline stocks will plummet if gas stays this high. So be wary. I may not be playing JETS as much as I have.
Oil can't stay this high. Shale producers are salivating right now. They are going to pump like fiends with oil over $70.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Opened up a short position on FB, during the Capitol Hill meeting. We'll see how it goes. I need her to say they are mass murdering teenagers to make some bank.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like a few folks showed up with some bids today. Manchin saying he might be OK with a scaled down bill is gonna bring out buyers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Don't do that. I had 60k in BTNX at 50 and a year later it went to 400. At the time, no one was saying it would go much higher. So yeah, would have had 500k if I'd sat on it for a year.

You'll go crazy thinking about trades you didn't make, or ended early. Literally, they'll be taking sizes for your straight jacket.

When you motherfuckers get a time machine, I need to borrow it just a few minutes.

If you are following vaccine stocks, I would own BioNTech (BNTX) since they developed the vaccines and licensed to Pfizer. Obviously Pfizer can benefit from all this but I think BNTX is the one that can really explode.

I'd also expect MRNA to report their complete phase 1 data soon (possibly coupled with announcement of their phase 3 initiation), and NVAX will also likely have a Ph1 announcement this month.

I expect all of them to report good binding and neutralization seroconversion rates, so it could be a wild ride up and down, especially as the media realizes these titers don't tell the whole story.

Back when BNTX and MRNA were both around $50-70.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Back when BNTX and MRNA were both around $50-70.
Sad thing is, I knew a nurse in a hospital that told me that Pfizer and BNTX were doing well. It was super volatile then, and I cut my position. In general, I don't touch experimental drugs any more...too binary.

Last edited:
  • 1Like