Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looks like I picked a good day for the area to be out of internet and cell service.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, since this guy's quotes keep popping up, I thought I'd look him up. How has no one made his life into a movie? He was a technician before there was TA. $100 million in the 1920s had to have been all the money in the world. He went bankrupt twice. He bought all the cotton in the US and held it ransom. And then he blew his brains out. Sheesh.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. Supposedly 14% of all inflation is coming from used vehicles. Know any auto dealers right now? They are cleaning up. A friend of mine who is a car salesman told me to not buy a car right now. Dealers are marking up vehicles 100% here. You'd have to be desperate to pay 60k for a 30k car.

No damn way its just or even mostly that. Every damn thing is more expensive. Shit, bacon is like doubled in price. Never mind that my house has fucking tripled in value in the last 12 years, with half of those gains in the last two.

God damn taxes. At least the size of my mortgage payment makes me chortle with how small it's gotten over the years. I know people in 1 bed room shithouse apartments paying more than me.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
No damn way its just or even mostly that. Every damn thing is more expensive. Shit, bacon is like doubled in price. Never mind that my house has fucking tripled in value in the last 12 years, with half of those gains in the last two.

God damn taxes. At least the size of my mortgage payment makes me chortle with how small it's gotten over the years. I know people in 1 bed room shithouse apartments paying more than me.
That's why I said supposedly. And yeah, home values are insane. I can't believe my house has doubled in the last seven years. I'd never pay the price for the house I'm in now.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry on my phone but yeah…how many hedges beat the spy? 3 or 4?
FD8C3E1D-B35D-4C1E-9F61-E652A53D5EE5.jpeg

• 4Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting. Supposedly 14% of all inflation is coming from used vehicles. Know any auto dealers right now? They are cleaning up. A friend of mine who is a car salesman told me to not buy a car right now. Dealers are marking up vehicles 100% here. You'd have to be desperate to pay 60k for a 30k car.

Sanrith posted the breakdown of inflation a few pages back from the recent report.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dealers are marking up vehicles 100% here. You'd have to be desperate to pay 60k for a 30k car.
I think they mean selling what would normally be 8k used cars for 16k, etc.

It's always the huge inventory of used cars at the bottom of the stack that get marked up the most, and then get predatory financing ontop of it.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
What're the unit values on that chart?
annual return % - full info below, nice analysis

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sorry on my phone but yeah…how many hedges beat the spy? 3 or 4?
View attachment 392813
That trade austin scott made the majority of his money on is baffling. The company gained billions in market cap.. the only government connection I can find is a DOE contract worth 8million$, and the DOE has a history of giving them contracts. On top of that, his in and out prices were far from ideal, the stock just went hyperbolic. It's just straight up some WSB nonsense.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
That trade austin scott made the majority of his money on is baffling. The company gained billions in market cap.. the only government connection I can find is a DOE contract worth 8million$, and the DOE has a history of giving them contracts. On top of that, his in and out prices were far from ideal, the stock just went hyperbolic. It's just straight up some WSB nonsense.
Yeah I mean even some WSBers lucked out and made some right moves last year, just thought it was interesting for sure and nicely done graphical breakdown. The full link posted shows just how crazy some of the shit was for individual picks.

1642126058079.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I mean even some WSBers lucked out and made some right moves last year, just thought it was interesting for sure and nicely done graphical breakdown. The full link posted shows just how crazy some of the shit was for individual picks.
What'd I'd really like to see is the incompetents of congress list. Who in congress is doing worse than the S&P, and who in particular is the worstest at investing.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I posted a few days ago a breakdown of inflation rates fir various items. It's not just used cars.