<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Seems like virtue signaling.

Why would a state treasury use Blackrock for "banking transactions?"

Notice it does not say they won't sell bonds to them.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Vid's from a week or so ago, but this guy who's been linked here a few times had this vid up about the silver squeeze:

What do we think about this sort of thing? Personally, I've been hearing rumblings along these lines for years and years. Is there something to it this time? I don't see it. I think there's a nigh-limitless capacity for fraud even if this is a thing, and thus the plebs will never get another 'GME moment' for lack of a better term because all of the levers are controlled and all the people tasked with fighting fraud are actually facilitating it.

I think silver is a good hedge against the dollar collapsing, though I have a feeling that a hedge like that will be the least of anyone's worries should the dollar lose reserve currency status and go down.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Vid's from a week or so ago, but this guy who's been linked here a few times had this vid up about the silver squeeze:

What do we think about this sort of thing? Personally, I've been hearing rumblings along these lines for years and years. Is there something to it this time? I don't see it. I think there's a nigh-limitless capacity for fraud even if this is a thing, and thus the plebs will never get another 'GME moment' for lack of a better term because all of the levers are controlled and all the people tasked with fighting fraud are actually facilitating it.

I think silver is a good hedge against the dollar collapsing, though I have a feeling that a hedge like that will be the least of anyone's worries should the dollar lose reserve currency status and go down.
I don’t like the fraud risk inherent to metals. I consider them a luxury good intended for personal pleasure IE a hobby. It might retain or gain value, but I’m not betting my retirement on my hobbies.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I don’t like the fraud risk inherent to metals. I consider them a luxury good intended for personal pleasure IE a hobby. It might retain or gain value, but I’m not betting my retirement on my hobbies.
I was looking at it from more of a gambler's perspective with low downside. If this silver squeeze plays out then you might get a massive payout. If not, well, it hasn't gone down in value very much and you can just sell it later if you don't want to hodl it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're a long way off to the open, but pre looks really ugly.

From what I discussed a while back, we are below the macro ascending support trend line on both the SPY and QQQ this morning. We could get bought up a bit and open back above, but we can equally expect SPY to go test the 100D. Breaking this macro line is fairly significant though and should be paid attention to. Further, if we give up the 100D, expect some real panic with the next stop around 449. Failing that could very well test the 200D. I am not convcined yet that we get all the way there, it would be some real buying opportunities there. We've not tested the 200D since summer of 2020.

Not seeing catalysts to take us that low, but the market is a fickle bitch. Throw some buy orders out there in some value names and leave it.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hold on let me sell all my stocks in a panic and go buy fucking 10y bonds with 7% inflation.

Screenshot_20220118-050454.png

• 1Worf

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're a long way off to the open, but pre looks really ugly.

From what I discussed a while back, we are below the macro ascending support trend line on both the SPY and QQQ this morning. We could get bought up a bit and open back above, but we can equally expect SPY to go test the 100D. Breaking this macro line is fairly significant though and should be paid attention to. Further, if we give up the 100D, expect some real panic with the next stop around 449. Failing that could very well test the 200D. I am not convcined yet that we get all the way there, it would be some real buying opportunities there. We've not tested the 200D since summer of 2020.

Not seeing catalysts to take us that low, but the market is a fickle bitch. Throw some buy orders out there in some value names and leave it.
We've reclaimed the trend on the SPY. Still a while till open. Today should be fun.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I think you have the wrong idea here. Yield is inversely correlated to bond prices. Lower demand (less buying) sends bond prices lower, and simultaneously drives the yields up.
Pretty sure it was tongue in cheek , in that what is the alternative a 1.8% yield during 7% inflation

Molten Core Raider
ATVI up from 64.42 to High of 93.00 premarket on rumor Microsoft near a deal to acquire the company.

Halted atm