Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Any bets on how much of a drop we get tomorrow? I bet we beat Monday's lows at some point. Then again it could be Thursday with the pain depending on what AAPL does?

View attachment 394857
Too early to tell in my opinion. Lots can happen in the Asia and EU markets. What we have been seeing is a ramp up into the close of the EU markets and then a sell of that ramp after the EU markets close.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
and back to green;

1643152243055.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Now up 1.5%. Did they say something really good during their call?
I think the dip was people gambling on the options predicting an 8% move. Once the gamblers got done the actual investors looked at those numbers and stepped in to buy at a discount. +20% or better year over year in every category that matters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPY has picked up from AH selling too. Hopefully JPow McDovish comes out tomorrow for the big push.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I think the dip was people gambling on the options predicting an 8% move. Once the gamblers got done the actual investors looked at those numbers and stepped in to buy at a discount. +20% or better year over year in every category that matters.
Weak hands are skittish as hell right now and looking for any reason to sell. +20% year over year growth for a 2 trillion cap company. Are you kidding me?

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I am sure he is fine.
After all, he is amazing and all knowing.

He doesnt trade for the money, his business makes more than he could ever spend.

He also only makes poor trades when he gets emotional.

And trusts Cramer . . .

Lol, he might be dead.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In case we all forgot, Evergrande has major amounts of debt maturing in the next month.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ABT double beat. First move down because they had year over year decline in EPS but they already declared it would be lower two months ago and it dipped then. People are stupid. I expect this name to be green by the end of the day. Sales of over $11B for the quarter so looking at roughly $45b in sales annual. Just imagine what a powerhouse they would be if they still owned ABBV.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
ABT double beat. First move down because they had year over year decline in EPS but they already declared it would be lower two months ago and it dipped then. People are stupid. I expect this name to be green by the end of the day. Sales of over $11B for the quarter so looking at roughly $45b in sales annual. Just imagine what a powerhouse they would be if they still owned ABBV.

I didn't have calls sold against my position going into earnings because I didn't want to lose my shares to some spike up. Good qtr long term hold.

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

How much of that is due to covid? Aren't they the #1 provider of the anti-gen/at home tests?

Which will at some point end presumably.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I didn't have calls sold against my position going into earnings because I didn't want to lose my shares to some spike up. Good qtr long term hold.
I had to look it up and yeah if they were still combined ABBV and ABT would be doing like $120b a year in sales.