Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
50/50 odds the market closes green today as people start factoring in rate cuts because... "recession".

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Based on the bids from the days low i would say smart people were waiting for it.

Still probably a better time to buy to come, the surge in consumption for 4th of July is a temporary surge and will obviously push up inflation #s but that should put a big dent in any "excess savings" Americans have 😂.

Collectively politicians made a decision we weren't going to have a recession in march 2020. We either have it now or we make the bubble even bigger.

A market rally now would make so many people ridiculous amounts of money, i can't see how it would be good long term to reverse course.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My sarcasm was lost in text...
My response wasn't for you necessarily, outside of saying that yes we're in fact in a recession now. The rest of my post was just my frustration with the gaslighting by...everyone...about how we wouldn't see a recession until next year.

Maybe they meant it'd last until next year?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My response wasn't for you necessarily, outside of saying that yes we're in fact in a recession now. The rest of my post was just my frustration with the gaslighting by...everyone...about how we wouldn't see a recession until next year.

To be honest, its why I have basically eliminated "news" media of all types from my feeds and instead go find primary sources for info. This is especially true in both the politics and business worlds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I think what they really mean is that they're just going to lie and wave their hand puppets on TV pretending we're not in one until next year.

They literally just repeat whatever the administration says.

*Joe Biden walks out on stage*
*Winks at the journos*
Says, "We aren't in a recession."
*Journos nod and wink back*
News anchors at 11, "We aren't in a recession."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1656682029059.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fed is explicitly trying to cause a recession. Are they supposed to be surprised that it's working?

The time to panic is if we're 6 months into a recession and it's not doing anything to put a dent in inflation.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The fed is explicitly trying to cause a recession. Are they supposed to be surprised that it's working?

The time to panic is if we're 6 months into a recession and it's not doing anything to put a dent in inflation.

lol we’re 4 months in right now

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Um "trying to cause"? The Atlanta Fed disagrees with you. Its already here.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
lol we’re 4 months in right now
Well in 2 months we should be seeing inflation start to show signs of coming down then or Mist is right, time to panic because there will be no new QE next year if they can't get inflation under control.

The fed has two things they need to do. One, they need to weaken the labor market and to some extent the stock market to increase unemployment. And two, their high rates need to weaken the housing market to the point where monthly payments either for mortgage or rents stop increasing or even decrease.

I think the market is overly optimistic that the fed will just give up on inflation once a recession starts, which I hope they don't do because that's how you end up like Japan, better to keep raising rates until inflation corrects no matter how painful it is for stocks and bonds.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fed has two things they need to do. One, they need to weaken the labor market and to some extent the stock market to increase unemployment.
This is insane. Why would anyone want this to happen? You're fucking brainwashed by the media, who are owned by the owners, the elites.

Yes, they want to lower worker expectations, to brainwash them into not asking for a bigger piece of the pie. Fuck that.

It's like you guys missed the whole fucking point of the Trump economic agenda, the actual kernel of good parts of it. The whole point was to tell the elites to shut the fuck up and scare them into stopping their globalist schemes to fuck over the American worker.

You're the shittiest, stupidest bunch of populists ever. Keep getting fucked over with your 2% annual raises you basket of dumbshits.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This is insane. Why would anyone want this to happen? You're fucking brainwashed by the media, who are owned by the owners, the elites.

Yes, they want to lower worker expectations, to brainwash them into not asking for a bigger piece of the pie. Fuck that.

It's like you guys missed the whole fucking point of the Trump economic agenda, the actual kernel of good parts of it. The whole point was to tell the elites to shut the fuck up and scare them into stopping their globalist schemes to fuck over the American worker.

You're the shittiest, stupidest bunch of populists ever. Keep getting fucked over with your 2% annual raises you bunch of dumbshits.
*Random woman noises*

Can someone translate this.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

You're the shittiest, stupidest bunch of populists ever. Keep getting fucked over with your 2% annual raises you basket of dumbshits.

nice womany screechy freak out

edit: lol Furry Furry same time

• 1Truth!