Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Is today gonna be one of the 180 degree u-turns in the last half hour to end up green?
Monthly opt exp so a little of everything. Again nailed the best strike for QQQ options. I always want the closest strike to where I think it will close to maximize premium without taking shares had $288 this week. So far leaning into $275 for next week but we may get a rally attempt next week.

• 3Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
This is gonna be a complete noob question, sorry. I tried to look it up, but I didn't know how to ask the search engines the right terms to find the answer.

So when selling puts like that, is the close of day the only time frame that matters? You mentioned you sold puts with a 288 strike price, and QQQ clearly went into that range today, but since it closed above strike you don't have to buy?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is gonna be a complete noob question, sorry. I tried to look it up, but I didn't know how to ask the search engines the right terms to find the answer.

So when selling puts like that, is the close of day the only time frame that matters? You mentioned you sold puts with a 288 strike price, and QQQ clearly went into that range today, but since it closed above strike you don't have to buy?
Correct

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
*FOMO intensifies*

2022-09-16 17.47.11 www.reddit.com 71392e184269.png

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EVGA ceasing to make NVIDEA graphics cards, not sure how much that changes anything.

Also is this count as news?

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thanks much! Trying to understand a little more about options.
First page or two is a good primer for options.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have been waiting for it to sink below the $135 range to buy back in but the fucker has been resistant AF.
How much do you know about the business they're in? They make expensive as fuck drugs that people need. My stepdad pays like 7k a year for his Humira and the Medicare pays the other ... 60k... And there's lots of younger people that take these drugs, they're not just for old people.

Also these drugs, being biologics, are incredibly difficult to manufacture, requiring gene splicing into mouse cancer sells (seriously) then growing those cells in giant vats, just like Regeneron. There's no shortcuts to making these drugs, so even when patents expire, other people can't just rush in and make generics.

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
EVGA ceasing to make NVIDEA graphics cards, not sure how much that changes anything.

Also is this count as news?

lol, while a hilarious idea, and I will probably put on my watch list out of curiosity, are the filing dates required by congress fast enough for this play to execute? I thought it was pretty generous….

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How much do you know about the business they're in? They make expensive as fuck drugs that people need. My stepdad pays like 7k a year for his Humira and the Medicare pays the other ... 60k... And there's lots of younger people that take these drugs, they're not just for old people.

Also these drugs, being biologics, are incredibly difficult to manufacture, requiring gene splicing into mouse cancer sells (seriously) then growing those cells in giant vats, just like Regeneron. There's no shortcuts to making these drugs, so even when patents expire, other people can't just rush in and make generics.
Why didnt you mention the exclusivity of Humira and how its about expired in the US?

I owned ABBV since before they bought Allergan. I know a thing or two about them.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
lol, while a hilarious idea, and I will probably put on my watch list out of curiosity, are the filing dates required by congress fast enough for this play to execute? I thought it was pretty generous….
This is pretty much just a headline grabber. I foresee many a lawsuit in this funds future. Different politicians invest in different things, and once you include family that’s thousands of people. There’s no way to make a fund that follows ‘them’, and everyone is going to have different opinions of who they should follow, creating a fiduciary rabbit hole.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why didnt you mention the exclusivity of Humira and how its about expired in the US?

I owned ABBV since before they bought Allergan. I know a thing or two about them.
I did mention it, because I mentioned that even when it ends, it'll still be difficult to manufacture. It takes manufacturing expertise, it's the same reason we can't just flip a switch and start producing 5 or 7nm chips in the US.