Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Assuming market is going to view that as a miss overall since Tesla growing revenue is needed to justify that PE.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA

*adj* EPS 1.05 Beats 1.00 Est, Sales 21.45b Miss 21.96 est

View attachment 438881
I had been talking about this in the car thread. Tesla's inventory of CPO vehicles has been really growing the last few months. Also the production timetable to get a new build has been coming down. Im not surpaised by the sales miss to be honest. They have jacked up prices for cars and self driving software 2 or 3 times in the last year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My thoughts on the Mist thing.

I think the thing to me is it was less the trade and more the 100k thing. I post every trade I make but I rarely put a dollar amount on it. The amount of the trade is irrelevant to the actually trade in my opinion. Post the trade and post why you feel its a good trade to make. Posting "i just dropped $100k on this trade and flipped it for tendies", just comes off as Foler-ish.

The idea (in my opinion) is that this thread is here to help each other make some money. But not in a /wsb kind of way. But to build real wealth over time. In today's world, honestly, for me i do everything in percentages (of my total accounts). I havent cared about dollars since franctional trading became a thing.

A full position for many folks is 5% of a total portfolio. So saying I grabbed a quater position or a half position is saying a lot more than a rando dollar amount. A half position in Amazon is a wholly different dollar amount to Blazin Blazin than it is to me. But, a half position is generally the same for everyone percentage-wise and you can glean someones thoughts on the stock from that.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy the thread and can add that I prefer general strategy discussion and specific holdings talk, but I’m not a huge fan of the ‘markets down 2% today, I’m up 6k lulz, markets up today I have that position and I bought it all in the dip, guy.

It’s not that we think you’re full of shit, I mean, we do, but it’s just not really as useful or applicable as some of the other discussions.

I love ideas! Keep ‘em coming

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoy the thread and can add that I prefer general strategy discussion and specific holdings talk, but I’m not a huge fan of the ‘markets down 2% today, I’m up 6k lulz, markets up today I have that position and I bought it all in the dip, guy.

It’s not that we think you’re full of shit, I mean, we do, but it’s just not really as useful or applicable as some of the other discussions.

I love ideas! Keep ‘em coming
Always beware the guy who "never posts a loss".

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mist doesn't have to post lany losses since it's been a loser it's entire life

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Ice Burn

SeanDoe1z1

Mist was good for getting my eyes on avya early.

Proof of my trades would be sad though…

It’s would be like revealing I mained a gnome warrior for all of classic eq. I kid…

half elf male Druid !

• 1Diamond Hands

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Mist was good for getting my eyes on avya early.

Proof of my trades would be sad though…

It’s would be like revealing I mained a gnome warrior for all of classic eq. I kid…

half elf male Druid !

Mist also provided exponentially more detail to that insight than any other post he's made. Which I think is another reason it's important for people who talk about GAINZ to post their trades, bc you can actually get a feel for who makes money here and who doesn't.

Imagine if Moogleman or w/e tf his name is claimed to make bank here. It'd dirty the waters harder than Shonuff's paper trades.

I made like $800 off Mist's AVYA recommendation by taking profits. Shit now I gotta go look so I'm not lying, lmao.

[edit] Made $900 and still own 227 shares.

• 1Tendies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mist also provided exponentially more detail to that insight than any other post he's made. Which I think is another reason it's important for people who talk about GAINZ to post their trades, bc you can actually get a feel for who makes money here and who doesn't.

Imagine if Moogleman or w/e tf his name is claimed to make bank here. It'd dirty the waters harder than Shonuff's paper trades.

I made like $800 off Mist's AVYA recommendation by taking profits. Shit now I gotta go look so I'm not lying, lmao.

[edit] Made $900 and still own 227 shares.

Pretty sure you need to post proof now 😏

• 3Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Mist lead to me making money on Avaya too. I didn't say raw$, but indicated when I got in and out and about my rate of return. It's one of the best stock tips this thread has netted me.

Curse these diamond hands and palantir

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T with the double beat and reaffirmed $15b in free cash flows. I cant remember the last time this stock wasnt a disappointment. For anyone looking for a dividend play its over 7% and has all the cash it needs to keep paying it.

Know what you are buying. Its not a growth stock. Its a really safe dividend play and at this price you might get some stock price appreciation as a bonus. It also has more debt than most countries, but it makes so much money the debt service isnt an issue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My 1-yr return is now below -20%

Dance Dancing GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Its just hilarious now how bad everything has gotten. I'll still continue to max out my tax advantaged accounts but jeezus, so much wealth is gone. I'm in that "just be satisfied with less" mood.

• 1Solidarity