Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That guy was fun to dunk on sometimes though. Dude traded for like six months and had it all figured out. All he had to do was silence the noise and get in his zone and he never lost!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That guy was fun to dunk on sometimes though. Dude traded for like six months and had it all figured out. All he had to do was silence the noise and get in his zone and he never lost!

Maybe Shonuff is actually Dave Portnoy. Seems like they've had similar experiences.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Cramer was his stock whisperer....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The big percent moves can hide the fact we are just consolidating after the leg down loss of 380s. We are on 18 days of just going sideways but doing it in dramatic fashion.

Consolidation periods end with a leg move (break out/Break down) . These periods can be very choppy trading but if you recognize them for what they are just requires some changes in behavior and being prepared for the break out/break down move. During the consolidation the market will show you the important levels on the top and bottom side to be watching.

Capture.JPG

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
re: shorting twitter..

who helped Elon come up w/ the cash? It wasn't all him if i remember. if it's really all private money like Silverlake, then nothing to short i guess.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
re: shorting twitter..

who helped Elon come up w/ the cash? It wasn't all him if i remember. if it's really all private money like Silverlake, then nothing to short i guess.
I don't think it makes sense, but some would say the short is TSLA as he needs to use his shares as source of cash. Even going forward if Twitter requires further cash, banks probably won't want to give it and he may have to sell more shares. For all practical purposes there isn't a direct way to currently go short twitters future. Maybe DM Elon and ask if you can borrow some of his shares when it goes private.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Uhh who cares what trades people claim they made? Anyone following trades of some rando on a message board deserves the free lesson.
Its kinda funny, I mean whos gonna care enough to bother screenshotting and cropping to post "proof" that would be trivial to falsify anyway? Is the thread somehow better when we all say "this stock may be worth looking at, but this is not investing advice?" instead of "I bought this stock today"?

I figure more people posting trades would be a better thing but rules often dont make sense to me

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it makes sense, but some would say the short is TSLA as he needs to use his shares as source of cash. Even going forward if Twitter requires further cash, banks probably won't want to give it and he may have to sell more shares. For all practical purposes there isn't a direct way to currently go short twitters future. Maybe DM Elon and ask if you can borrow some of his shares when it goes private.
Shorting TSLA is something I wouldn’t do… And does he necessarily need to sell anything for cash? He could just use shares as collateral in a loan, could he not? I’m sure he sold some cause tsla is overpriced as fuck. He’s definitely got options.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Its kinda funny, I mean whos gonna care enough to bother screenshotting and cropping to post "proof" that would be trivial to falsify anyway? Is the thread somehow better when we all say "this stock may be worth looking at, but this is not investing advice?" instead of "I bought this stock today"?

I figure more people posting trades would be a better thing but rules often dont make sense to me
Posting trades is better, how is just making things up useful? If someone faked it I’ll know. And it’s not one or the other, you don’t have to confirm every thought. He could have just said “I think sqqq might be worth a shot here”. Instead he talks about the ez money he just made .

it’s shonuffing plain and simple and fortunately this thread has had very little of that over the years.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Posting trades is better, how is just making things up useful? If someone faked it I’ll know. And it’s not one or the other, you don’t have to confirm every thought. He could have just said “I think sqqq might be worth a shot here”. Instead he talks about the ez money he just made .

it’s shonuffing plain and simple and fortunately this thread has had very little of that over the years.
If every time someone posts a trade without very easily falsified "proof", they are in danger of a week long thread ban...

that just says "don't bother ever posting trades".

I don't see how anything is better by saying "SQQQ might be a shot here". Did somebody believe Mist actually dropped 100k on that play? Someone really thought that? For reals? MIST. The dude whos been running a two decade long transgender roleplay on an obscure internet forum?

brother, this is the internet. Its turtles all the way down.

• 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shorting TSLA is something I wouldn’t do… And does he necessarily need to sell anything for cash? He could just use shares as collateral in a loan, could he not? I’m sure he sold some cause tsla is overpriced as fuck. He’s definitely got options.
Big banks have a bad taste in their mouth from a few syndicated loans gone bad, Citrix is one recent example that is different than this but similar enough to spook them. so that may be skewing their opinion of tossing billions more at this. Plus with the way the equity markets are see-sawing, taking huge equity positions as collateral on billions in loans is probably not something most have a risk appetite for these days.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If every time someone posts a trade without very easily falsified "proof", they are in danger of a week long thread ban...

I don't see how anything is better by saying "SQQQ might be a shot here". Did somebody believe Mist actually dropped 100k on that play? Someone really thought that? For reals? MIST. The dude whos been running a two decade long transgender roleplay on an obscure internet forum?

brother, this is the internet. It turtles all the way down.

I believe you’re making a mountain out of a mole hill while also missing the point entirely.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

There is subtlety there that I can pick through.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Big banks have a bad taste in their mouth from a few syndicated loans gone bad, Citrix is one recent example that is different than this but similar enough to spook them. so that may be skewing their opinion of tossing billions more at this. Plus with the way the equity markets are see-sawing, taking huge equity positions as collateral on billions in loans is probably not something most have a risk appetite for these days.
Banks learning their lesson? What are you, responsible and shit? I'm gonna have to slap a big label of nope on that one.

• 1Like