1668088070674.png

1668088099642.png

Amaze GIF

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR might catch a real break today. Decent earnings report on a day like today. Maybe a decent pop.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Opened +83% on those AMZN calls.

*edit: now over 100%

Last edited:
  • 5Tendies
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, markets up 4%+ right at the open.

Edit: Fucking rocketship time. S&P now at 4.20%, QQQ 5.52%, Russell 2000 at 4.36%.

Last edited:
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Numbers:

08:30 *(US) OCT CPI M/M: 0.4% V 0.6%E; Y/Y: 7.7% V 7.9%E (annual pace below lower-end of all analysts' expectations and records its 4th straight decline)
- CPI (ex-food/energy) M/M: 0.3% v 0.5%e; Y/Y: 6.3% v 6.5%e
- CPI Index NSA: 298.012 v 298.488e
- CPI Core (seasonally adj): 299.471 v 300.094e

08:30 *(US) INITIAL JOBLESS CLAIMS: 225K V 220KE; CONTINUING CLAIMS: 1.49M V 1.49ME

What the hell is going on today?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10:44 (US) Market Trading Hours Summary: October CPI offers significant hope for investors Summary

US stock markets surged, led by the tech-heavy NASDAQ, and bond yields plunged after Oct CPI data offered signs of real relief for the Fed. Stock volumes spiked >40% above the recent 3-month averages while NYSE advancers topped decliners by an eyepopping 13:1 margin. A number of factors contributed to the shortfall in the core CPI (up 0.27% in unrounded terms versus a forecast of 0.5%) but the most significant was a deceleration in shelter costs. Apparel prices fell for a second consecutive month rather than rebounding as expected, and the 2.4% decline in used car prices was more than twice as large as expected. The US dollar slumped and commodities rose, led by precious metals. The US 10-year yield dropped below 4% and the 2-year neared 4.3%. Futures markets immediately took down expectations for the high in the fed funds rate next year back below 5%. Several Fed officials welcomed the report while acknowledging there is still a long way to go on inflation. Crypto markets turned around after making fresh lows in the wake of the ongoing FTX collapse. - Source TradeTheNews.com

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Probably too many people betting on losses for the market. In a down market everyone gets torched at one point or another. Volatility like this torches leveraged shorts. I really won't make much more of the moves today than that. Money goes in the S&P. Hopefully there's a world left when I reach retirement in a bit over 10 years.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At risk of sounding like a broken record on this subject, this is why just cashing out or sitting on the sidelines doing nothing during bear markets is not a good play for the long term retirement investor. Add to quality positions on downturns in small bites and lower your cost basis. Over years it is proven to be the consistent winning strategy. Market timers rarely win ( Jysin Jysin plays last night being an exception).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At risk of sounding like a broken record on this subject, this is why just cashing out or sitting on the sidelines doing nothing during bear markets is not a good play for the long term retirement investor. Add to quality positions on downturns in small bites and lower your cost basis. Over years it is proven to be the consistent winning strategy. Market timers rarely win ( Jysin Jysin plays last night being an exception).
And to reinforce this, my bigger (long term account) wins are scaling into weakness at specific levels. You MUST put money to work at some point.
(Notice in my scaling that even I didn't time "the bottom" of 348 for any adds. I was eyeing 340ish for a 250 share add)

1668096256347.png

The day / swing trader timing shouldn't be attempted unless you are devoting this as a full time job. Even then, most are going to fail.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Podcast I listen to said META was a strong buy under 100 and a must-buy under 90 and I didn't listen because I hate the Zuck.

This is why you shouldn't let emotion get involved.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers