Investing General Discussion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bitcoin Crypto GIF by Jeff Dunham

View attachment 443313
Fuck this guy. I actually need this rally to keep going.

What the fuck is his problem?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fuck this guy. I actually need this rally to keep going.

What the fuck is his problem?
You seem to have a bearish outlook in general (which I share), don't your investments reflect that?

I'm not talking shit here; but genuinely, there is money to be made on bearish positions, I've done well this year and I'm a complete idiot. Why not invest in a way that reflects your expectations about the market?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You seem to have a bearish outlook in general (which I share), don't your investments reflect that?

I'm not talking shit here; but genuinely, there is money to be made on bearish positions, I've done well this year and I'm a complete idiot. Why not invest in a way that reflects your expectations about the market?
I don't actively trade our retirement.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my T covered calls for a penny. Looking to to write the Dec $20 calls at some point today.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh oh! 7% ? Still buying SQQQ shares in the 40s.

I'm curious if any of these payment for order flow brokerages are immune to what was going on with FTX.

I've actually pulled my money out and have since stopped trading after basically deciding after watching some videos about how to trade the market and the feds shenanigans, basically the jist being not to trade this market at all, the chop and bipolarness of the fed is just not worth being on the wrong side of a trade.

I've recently got a new job for double the salary I had before and with not being able to watch the market like I used to, unfortunately it's just time to stack money and wait for a better environment to invest where the end of the world and the fed pivot don't come and go every week.

There's still so much downside possible but at the same time, a rate cut would just destroy anyone on the short side.

Trade carefully and don't get too comfortable friends. The night is dark and full of terrors.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oil heading towards pre-Ukraine invasion levels in a hurry.

1668782878970.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious if any of these payment for order flow brokerages are immune to what was going on with FTX.

I've actually pulled my money out and have since stopped trading after basically deciding after watching some videos about how to trade the market and the feds shenanigans, basically the jist being not to trade this market at all, the chop and bipolarness of the fed is just not worth being on the wrong side of a trade.

I've recently got a new job for double the salary I had before and with not being able to watch the market like I used to, unfortunately it's just time to stack money and wait for a better environment to invest where the end of the world and the fed pivot don't come and go every week.

There's still so much downside possible but at the same time, a rate cut would just destroy anyone on the short side.

Trade carefully and don't get too comfortable friends. The night is dark and full of terrors.
Still max out your 401k, HSA and IRA if applicable.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I have touted this charting software multiple times previously, but I thought i would mention TradingView has a 60% off Black Friday deal (plus a month extra free). By far and away the best charting software out there aside from professional platforms like eSignal (eSig also about 8-10x the price). Makes ToS and all the broker charts look like a joke in comparison.

The annual prepaid rate is a no brainer with the Black Friday deal. Full disclosure, I am giving my referral link. Anyone who buys gets a further $30 off (and I get a kickback too).

You can chart from a dedicated PC or MacOS standalone app, from a web browser, and even a mobile app.

I never shill anything, but this deal just has to be passed on to some of you fledgling traders here. Deal is only live for another 4.5 days.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users